rms beauty Grande Dame Luminizing Powder ($38.00 for 0.52 oz.) is a richer, pale gold with strong, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had opaque pigmentation where a little went a long way, but it was very blendable and easy to work with so sheerer coverage could be achieved by applying less. The texture was smooth to the touch, creamy (but still a powder), and seemed to melt on my skin giving a luminous finish that didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Clinique Gold Celebration Pop (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- NARS Fort de France (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Hourglass Champagne Flash (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Bliss (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Goddess Glow (LE, $35.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC TheBlonds (LE, $41.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Glow (Original) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Bombshell (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Zoeva Liquid Clock (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Mean Money (PiP, $36.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$38.00/0.52 oz. - $73.08 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "silky smooth, moisturizing, [and] luminizing." The three shades that it comes in were consistent: very pigmented, creamy and smooth to the touch, and lasted between eight and nine hours. The texture was thinner and firmer, as there was no powderiness, but it was yielding and easy to pick up with a brush. The powders applied evenly to bare skin, blended out easily, and never emphasized my skin's natural texture.
Browse all of our rms beauty Luminizing Powder swatches.
Mica, Zinc Stearate, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit (Buriti) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Tocopherol (non-GMO), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.