Physicians Formula Rosy Pink Butter Blush ($12.99 for 0.26 oz.) is a medium pink with subtle, cool undertones and a satin finish. There was just a hint of sheen to the finish when buffed and blended out on the skin but no distinctive shimmer particles. The texture was smooth to the touch but more firmly pressed in the pan, so it took a heavier hand or denser brush to pickup product well. It had semi-sheer, buildable coverage (up to semi-opaque) in a single layer. The powder blended out easily on the skin and lasted for eight hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Sleek MakeUP Pixie Pink (P, $6.99) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Guimauve (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Threesome (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Kiss Off (DC, $26.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Stila Light Pink (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay X-Rated (DC, $26.00) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B204 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Viseart Rose #1 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Time Stops (P, $9.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Velvet Bloom (LE, $80.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$12.99/0.26 oz. - $49.96 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "ultra-luxurious" and will "smooth skin texture, brighten skin tone, and deliver a gorgeous blushing glow." They are soft, smooth, and blendable with a silky texture that is easy to work with, though sometimes a denser brush is best to apply as the consistency is denser overall. The coverage is typically medium with some buildability, but the shades skew particularly light so they will be more suitable for lighter skin tones (and may not show up as well on me in reviews due to my coloring). The wear has been around eight hours on average for the formula. It has a heavy coconut-based scent that lingers and is noticeable on the face, not just in the pan.
Browse all of our Physicians Formula Butter Blush swatches.
Talc, Alumina, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polybutene, Isopropyl Isostearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.