Physicians Formula Pink Butter Highlighter ($10.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a medium pink with strong, warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had good color payoff that was buildable to opaque coverage. The consistency was lightweight, smooth, and creamy without being thick or overly glossy. The formula definitely felt more powder-like once I started to work with it on my skin but had initially felt more like a cream formula in the pot. I noticed that this shade did not apply as evenly as others in the line-up, though it still applied well overall. It went on lighter as I diffused and blended it out and did not have as much color/tint as I expected. It lasted well for nine and a half hours on me before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Wet 'n' Wild Halo Gorgeous (P, $5.99) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Amethyst Flashes Geode (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Pearl Pop (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 10 Peach (P, $21.00) is darker, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Warm Aura (LE, $34.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Blonde (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Sunset Glow (P, $48.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Peach Kisses (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Highlighter) (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$10.99/0.17 oz. - $64.65 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "cream-to-powder" texture that has "one-swipe blendable coverage" with a finish that will "smooth skin texture" in addition to highlighting it. It has a spongy, creamy texture that has slight wetness to the touch, but it has the thinner, more powder-like feel of a cream-to-powder product when worked with (whether using fingertips, brushes, or sponges) and not a thicker, true cream texture. The added slip helped the formula blend seamlessly over my cheek bones while retaining coverage and minimizing any disturbance to my foundation/base products. They worked well over bare skin or on top of liquid foundation or powdered foundation in my experience. The wear time ranged between nine and 10 hours on me. They were scented with a beachy, coconutty scent, though I didn't notice it once applied.
Browse all of our Physicians Formula Butter Highlighter swatches.
Isononyl Isononanoate, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Silica, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance / Parfum, Tin Oxide, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Carbonate, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).