Physicians Formula Champagne Butter Highlighter ($10.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a light-medium gold with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation with a smooth, creamy consistency that was slightly wet to the touch in the pot, but it did not feel wet once I applied it to my cheek bones. I liked using my fingertips for application, as it remained blendable and easy to work with that way, but brushes or sponges could be used (the latter will yield the most subtle of finishes). It had a strong, noticeable shine but did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for nine and a half hours.
- Becca Royal Glow (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Gold Bullion (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Light of the Party (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- LORAC Twilight (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Too Faced Apricot in the Act (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Essence Be My Sunlight (P, $4.49) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Gold Coasting (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Hot and Heavy (LE, $34.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Get It Glowin' (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Sparkling Sass (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$10.99/0.17 oz. - $64.65 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "cream-to-powder" texture that has "one-swipe blendable coverage" with a finish that will "smooth skin texture" in addition to highlighting it. It has a spongy, creamy texture that has slight wetness to the touch, but it has the thinner, more powder-like feel of a cream-to-powder product when worked with (whether using fingertips, brushes, or sponges) and not a thicker, true cream texture. The added slip helped the formula blend seamlessly over my cheek bones while retaining coverage and minimizing any disturbance to my foundation/base products. They worked well over bare skin or on top of liquid foundation or powdered foundation in my experience. The wear time ranged between nine and 10 hours on me. They were scented with a beachy, coconutty scent, though I didn't notice it once applied.
Browse all of our Physicians Formula Butter Highlighter swatches.
Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Alumina, Silica, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance / Parfum, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Carbonate, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).