Persona Zuma Cali Glow Highlighter ($24.00 for 0.26 oz.) is a light-medium, peachy gold with warm undertones and a metallic finish. It was intensely pigmented with a smooth, creamy texture that felt denser and velvety to the touch, but it wasn’t too stiff to pickup easily with highlighting brushes. (The downside was the pigmentation–it was opaque, not really buildable without using a very light hand or less-dense tool.. true of most pigmented products.) The highlighter applied easily onto my skin with great blendability. This shade had the strongest sheen on my cheekbones, but it didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight hours on me before it started to fade.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- OFRA Glow Goals (P, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Chanel Plisse Lumiere de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Golden Flower Crown (P, $4.99) is darker (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Precious Petals (LE, $4.99) is darker (95% similar).
- Becca Gradient Glow (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Boy Next Door (P, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Guilded Glow (P, $5.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Capri (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Starflower (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Cover FX Rose Gold (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
$24.00/0.26 oz. - $92.31 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to give a "warm, sun kissed reflective glow" that will "build up to a high-impact shine" with an "ultra smooth and creamy" texture. Two of three shades were fairly pigmented with smooth, creamy textures, but one was drier and stiffer in the pan (definitely different than the other two!). The finish they yield is shiny and metallic, so the formula would be ideal for someone who likes a strong highlighter, and I would not consider them a buildable formula (they can be applied with a lighter hand, of course, but they're pigmented overall). I didn't find that it emphasized my skin's texture. They wore around eight hours on me before I noticed fading.
Browse all of our Persona Cali Glow Highlighter swatches.
Mica,Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Talc, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Triethoxycaprylylsila, Methicone, Tin Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain +/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.