Persona Terracotta Super Blush ($22.00 for 0.18 oz.) is a light-medium brown with moderate, warm undertones–seemed balance between red and more orange–paired with a matte finish. It wasn’t a flat/dry matte finish, as it looked very skin-like once applied and blended out.
The texture was very finely-milled, silky and smooth, but it was somewhat powdery in the pan so I’d recommend using a lighter hand when picking up product initially. It was also opaque in coverage, so to actually achieve the buildable coverage marketed, you’d have to use an even lighter hand to do so (or a less-dense brush–maybe a fan brush). The blush applied beautifully and blended out with little effort. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tarte Park Ave. Princess #2 (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Moira Medium (P, $12.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Miramar Beach (P, $10.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop All the Feels (PiP, $8.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Golden Rinse (LE, $35.50) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Dior Warm Sunrise (004) (P, $48.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Vieve Medium (Left) (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Anastasia Caramel (P, $35.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Perk Up (LE, $12.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bronze Age (P, $110.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
$22.00/0.18 oz. - $122.22 Per Ounce
The formula is described as "buildable, budge-proof" that "minimize[s] the appearance of pores and fine lines" and has a "matte yet luminous finish." The pigmentation was more semi-opaque to opaque coverage, but the texture was smooth without being too powdery, so one could use a lighter hand to get sheerer, more buildable coverage.
The powder applied well to bare skin and felt velvety like a silicone primer would, both in feel and look, as the powder diffused easily on my skin and had a satin finish on my skin--not quite matte but not overly shimmery either. It looked more seamless, almost "melted" finish, than a true matte blush would be, and I'd say that's where it closes in on its claim about minimizing the look of pores and fine lines. The formula wore well for nine hours before fading visibly on me.
Browse all of our Persona Super Blush swatches.
Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Triethylhexanoin, Dimethicone, Propanediol, Lauroyl Lysine, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain +/- Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77499), D&C Red No. 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), FD&C Yellow No 5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), FD&C Red 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850:1)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.