Persona Del Mar Cali Glow Highlighter ($24.00 for 0.26 oz.) is a medium copper with warm, golden shimmer and a frosted finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage with a second layer. The powder felt a bit too dense and was stiffer in the pan, and the product had some dryness as I worked with it on my skin. It took a heavier hand to buff and blend out the highlighter onto my cheekbones for even, smooth coverage. I didn’t feel that it emphasized my skin’s texture, but the shimmer size seemed to be more distinctive in this shade compared to the other two hues (which seemed shinier in finish). This shade lasted for eight hours on me before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Huda Beauty Tahiti (LE, ) is less shimmery, cooler (100% similar).
- MAC Paradise (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- YSL Bronze Gold (P, $42.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Wayne Goss Golden Glow (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Lucent Jungle (P, $26.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Milani Glowing (P, $10.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Miel de Azhar (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Chasing the Sun (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Mimosa (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- MAC In on the Secret (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
$24.00/0.26 oz. - $92.31 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to give a "warm, sun kissed reflective glow" that will "build up to a high-impact shine" with an "ultra smooth and creamy" texture. Two of three shades were fairly pigmented with smooth, creamy textures, but one was drier and stiffer in the pan (definitely different than the other two!). The finish they yield is shiny and metallic, so the formula would be ideal for someone who likes a strong highlighter, and I would not consider them a buildable formula (they can be applied with a lighter hand, of course, but they're pigmented overall). I didn't find that it emphasized my skin's texture. They wore around eight hours on me before I noticed fading.
Browse all of our Persona Cali Glow Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Talc, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Theobromo Cacao (cocoa) Seed Butter, Methicone, Tin Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, May contain +/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.