Pat McGrath Lunar Nude Sublime Skin Highlighter Review & Swatches
Pat McGrath Lunar Nude Sublime Skin Highlighter ($60.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a medium, golden peach with warmer undertones and fine micro-sparkle that flashed blue and violet at times (though not a true duochrome). The powder highlighter had a smooth, lightly metallic sheen that delivered more shine than overt shimmer/sparkle on skin, so it didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture.
The formula is a gel-powder hybrid, so it has a denser, almost firmer feel to it, but it was lightweight, blendable, and “melted” as it was buffed onto my skin. If you’re unfamiliar with this type of formula, you’ll want to use a denser brush or a heavier hand if you tend to be lighter-handed. The brand described it as having an “opalescent sheen” that could be “layer[ed] for custom intensity.”
The pigmentation was more opaque, but it was easy to blend out for a sheerer effect, and the level of luminosity was definitely buildable as it was more luminous in one layer and more metallic with a second layer. It wore well for nine hours before fading visibly on my skin.
- Sleek MakeUP Equinox (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Chanel Metal Peach (LE, $80.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lightgasm Multi-Glow (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Beach Party (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Hustla Baby 2 (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Milk Makeup Blitzed (P, $28.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Sweet Peach (LE, $8.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Happy Thoughts (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Lantern Fest (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Medium-Deep #2 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
Comments on this post are closed.
Not a colour for me and really, really expensive (I shudder to think what it will cost in Canada) but it is soooo stunning to look at. I sure hope she doesn’t come out with a light, pale pink one…I’d be in real trouble then.
I have the CT dupe, but it is more textured in swatch.. this one looks smoother and it’s beautiful. I may have to pick this up.
Ooh! I am so happy to see that this scored an A+! (My wallet has different opinions)
This is something that I have been looking at as a probable buy ever since I first saw it. I did watch Alicia’s review of it on her NC42 skintone, and she mentioned that if one has warmer toned skin, this one runs rather cool and icy? I would call my own neutral, but a firm medium.
I saw that too, and I think she was saying that about last year’s limited edition highlighter.
So tempted to pick this one up. I might consider it on a sale. Her highlighter from last year looks a bit grayish on my skin, and so this peachy undertone might work better for general use.
wow, soooo beautiful! but my budget can’t handle that price!
Now this is definitely stunning!
That highlighter is a work of art. So beautiful! I could tell by your smile that this one was going to be an A+!
This is a beauty!
It wouldn’t be right for my colouring, golden, peachy tones are far too warm for me.
I love how it looks against the black of the packaging, a lovely little work of art. I’m not going to buy it just to open it and look at it at times, no. Wallet is safe. 🙂
Now if PmG did this in a silvery white I’d be in trouble.
Oh shit. No silicones. Be still my heart! It’s frickin’ gorgeous and I’d buy it for the pan design alone, even though it’s definitely too dark to be a highlighter on my skin.
Will Pat McGrath Lunar Nude Sublime Skin Highlighter work on fairs/neutral skin tone? Would it be too dark? Thanks for your help and your great reviews.
I think it could work, but it may give some color, not just sheen!