OFRA MarchBeautyWord Highlighter ($29.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a pale, golden beige with warm undertones and a sparkling, metallic sheen. The pan is divided into four sections, and it was difficult to pick up just one shade at a time with a tapered highlighting brush–I always ended up with a little bit of the shade next to it. The two shades used in the pan are Star Island (gold) and Pillow Talk (pink), which are both part of the standalone highlighter range. As it was less feasible to use them individually (and I have reviewed the individual shades previously), I only tested this shade swirled together.
The texture was soft, smooth, and dense with a light creaminess to it that gave it some slip and prevented powderiness. It wasn’t too firmly-pressed in the pan, though, so it picked up easily with a brush and light-to-moderate touch. The powder applied evenly and blended out effortlessly on my skin for an intense, metallic glow. It just barely emphasized my skin’s natural texture when worn at higher coverage. The color stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Anastasia Crystal (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- lilah b. b enchanting (P, $60.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Clionadh Eadon (P, $12.50) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Give Me Glow White Noise (P, $17.25) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Rare Beauty Enlighten (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Artist Couture Coco Bling (P, $27.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Salt New York Pearl (P, $16.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Horse and Carriage (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Cle de Peau Bal Masque (LE, $120.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Talk in Code (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, more muted (85% similar).
$29.00/0.35 oz. - $82.86 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "liquid to baked technology" that has "unparalleled pigment payoff" that can be used as a highlighter as well as an eyeshadow or as a blush topper." It's a very pigmented formula with a high-shine, metallic finish that will be most suitable for someone who wants an intense highlighter.
The texture was denser but not dry or difficult to work with, so it seemed to melt onto the skin the more I buffed and blended the highlighter on. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our OFRA Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Ethylene/ Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Ci 77891, Ci 77492,Ci 77491, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.