NYX Snow Rose Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder ($7.99 for 0.21 oz.) is a very light, cool-toned beige with pink-to-lavender pearl that gave it more of a soft, frosted sheen. This was one of the more interesting shades (though the type of duochrome it had is something we have seen before), as it can really alter whatever it is layered over. On its own, the whiteness of the base color is rather apparent, so on my skin tone, it would be best when layered over another blush or highlighter. For someone very fair, it could definitely be worn more on its own without looking like it lightened one’s skin. The consistency was smooth, firm but not stiff or difficult to get pigmentation out of. It applied evenly to the skin, blended out well, and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. The highlighter wore well for eight hours before fading on me.
- MAC Trophy (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Chanel White Opal (40) (P, $58.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- OFRA Cloud 9 (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Diamond Dust (P, $26.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NYX Ice Queen (P, $5.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Anastasia Pink Heart (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Prism (P, $12.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Frosted Kiss (LE, ) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Pink Light (P, $45.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Milani Luster Light (P, $12.99) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$7.99/0.21 oz. - $38.05 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to "blend like a dream" and have a "luminous finish." The pigmentation varied from semi-sheer to mostly opaque with a denser, lightly creamy texture that felt thicker in the pan but did not look or feel that way on my skin. I would recommend using a denser brush or using a heavier hand to get product onto the brush. I didn’t feel like the powder was stiff, but it wasn’t as loosely pressed as a lot of highlighters on the market, which did make it easier to control and build coverage and sheen up. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder swatches.
Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850).