NYX Crushed Bloom Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder ($7.99 for 0.21 oz.) is muted, medium-dark peach with warmer, yellow undertones and a pink-to-gold shift paired with a soft, pearl finish. It yielded such a lovely glow on the skin–luminous, glowing–but never emphasized pores or appeared metallic. The shimmer in this particular shade seemed to be particularly fine.
The consistency was smooth, dense but not stiff or difficult to work with, and blended out easily on the skin. It was richly pigmented, but it was easy to control so sheerer coverage wouldn’t take real work (just a lighter touch). Depending on your skin tone, this may work as a highlighting blush or just as a highlighter. When I tried it, the highlighter lasted for eight hours on me before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Must Have It (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Bubbly (LE, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Kosas Papaya 1972 (High Intensity) (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Suqqu Hanachaori (02) (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Rosegold Shimmer (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Style Cast (LE, $24.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Angelique (P, $32.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Soulshine #2 (LE, $30.00) is darker, brighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Sydney Grace Pumpkin Spice Latte (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
$7.99/0.21 oz. - $38.05 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to "blend like a dream" and have a "luminous finish." The pigmentation varied from semi-sheer to mostly opaque with a denser, lightly creamy texture that felt thicker in the pan but did not look or feel that way on my skin. I would recommend using a denser brush or using a heavier hand to get product onto the brush. I didn’t feel like the powder was stiff, but it wasn’t as loosely pressed as a lot of highlighters on the market, which did make it easier to control and build coverage and sheen up. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder swatches.
Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.