NARS Rue Allent Velvet Duo Eyehadow Review, Photos, Swatches
NARS Rue Allent Velvet Duo Eyeshadow ($36.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a new, limited edition duo (and formula) that launches April 15th online. The compact is the same size as other NARS’ eyeshadow duos, but the actual quantity is slightly less at 0.10 oz. (compared to 0.14 oz.). The formula felt less powdery and thin compared to most of NARS’ eyeshadows, which I found to be an upgrade overall. This particular duo featured a soft, warm white and a smoldering, smoky green-tinged brown.
Look Using this Product
LELimited Edition. $36.00.
Rue Allent (Left)
Rue Allent (Left) is a light white with subtle, warm undertones and a pearly sheen. It had good pigmentation–just shy of being opaque–with a soft, lightly dusty texture that buffed and blended well on the skin and didn’t appear dry on. The color wore well for seven and a half hours on me.
- NARS Mortal (DC, $25.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Chanel L'Intemporel de Chanel #5 (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Holy, Holy (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC 2x Dare #1 (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Cle de Peau Marmalade Sky #3 (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Tassel (LE, $6.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty The Siren #1 (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- LORAC Black Tie Attire #1 (LE, $19.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- MAC Dark Energy #1 (LE, $21.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Stila Moonstone (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
Look Using this Product
Rue Allent (Left)
Rue Allent (Right)
Rue Allent (Right) is a deep, muted black-brown with warm, olive undertones and a faint, fine green pearl. The consistency was smooth, soft without being powdery, and fairly blendable on the eye. It had nearly opaque pigmentation that applied evenly and lasted for eight hours on me.
- Too Faced Tempting (PiP, $16.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Copper Wood (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Buxom Unapologetic (P, $12.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Inglot J327 Charcoal (LE, $10.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Zoeva Infusion (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Rott #2 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Give Me Glow Dirt Road (P, $7.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- KVD Beauty Covenant (LE, ) is lighter (85% similar).
- NARS Moshpit (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Chanel Empreinte du Desert #4 (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
Comments on this post are closed.
Because I absolutely love the eye look you did using both duos, this one is calling my name! But; first i will see whether I can replicate something of that shade schematic using Empriente du Desert 04 with some UD Stash, plus pulling in similar shades to the other 3 before buying these. I’ve got to start shopping my stash.
Aw, thanks Nancy! I bet you can dupe it with your stash!
I would need to bring in a few more shades, but I can picture using this one!!!
I could see it working best with other shades!
I absolutely love the darker side. I’d never have guessed it was similar to the shadow from the Chanel E de D quad because it looks so much more like a greenish black. I only wish the left hand shade was a nicer one…for sure, I’d buy it if the left side was a more interesting shade or like the left side of the other duo.
The right shade is more interesting – not the kind of color you see all the time. I think they nailed the greenish-brown/black vibe of the collection.
This color combo isn’t that appealing to me, but glad to hear the shadow formula is better than past duos. That gives me some hope for future combos or palettes
Wauw, in the pan these do not look so special, but what you did with them is absolutely amazing! Very beautiful and interesting shades!
While dupable, this duo would make a nice addition to one’s stash if you didn’t already have similar shades.
That is true! 🙂
SO AMAZING! Love it.
Happy to hear it, Erin!
Such a pretty eye look. Just the way I like it just two shadows & done.
If the dark one had been a single I would have bought it immediately, the white isn’t as interesting for me, unfortunately.
It’s a much nicer duo than I originally thought and it helps that your eye look is so stunning. The right shade is such a beautiful colour – I would like to see it in a palette with more shades so you can add to the look.
I finally picked this up today. Seeing both duos in the store, I again couldn’t help wishing that they’d put the left side of the Old Church Street duo with the right side of Rue Allent. Still, I just got Fall Leaves by Sephora and have ABH Marina and more than a few other dupes of that left side shade but it doesn’t stop me wishing something else had been used in place of that white shade (which, on me, at first try, does look dry and a bit patchy). The side I love – the right side – is so unusual but I have to say (Nancy T, you may or may not find this comforting) that I really see little similarity at all between it and that gorgeous shade in the Empreinte du Desert quad. I do want to swatch it alongside some of my other eyeshadows, though, to see if it’s close to others I have (nothing comes to mind at the moment).
I was so looking forward to try this duo and most thankful to your review, I found out I can create this look, using the Too Faced sweet peach pallet that I already have!!!. Saved me a lot of money. Very happy. Thank you Christine.
My pleasure, Fay!