NARS Orgasm Illuminating Loose PowderNARS Orgasm Illuminating Loose Powder ($28.00 for 0.09 oz.) is a medium, rosy copper with warm, copper shimmer and a luminous sheen. As a loose highlighter, the pigmentation was really in the amount picked up–it could be quite pigmented if applied with a fingertip or quite sheer if applied with a fluffy, fan brush. The color was much, much darker and warmer than any of the Orgasm products I’ve come across (to the point where I wouldn’t have thought it was in the family at all).
Per the brand, the formula is supposed to give a “naturally glowing look” that can be used on the “face and décolleté.” The finish was softly luminous–very lit-from-within–when worn at sheer to medium coverage, but when worn at higher coverage or layered, it could look luminous to softly frosted. It was hard to overdo, though, and it did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. The loose powder was finely-milled and easy to blend out, but a tip to help with application would be to lightly pick up product onto your brush, then swirl in the cap, which will help to distribute the product better on the brush for more even application on the cheeks (that then requires less blending). The highlighter lasted well for eight hours on me.
- Anastasia Taffy (LE, ) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Promise (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Maldives (P, $38.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Glacial Rose (LE, $50.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Daygleam (P, $28.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Into Eternity (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Mírame (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Maybelline Nude Glow (200) (P, $9.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dior Bronze Glow (004) (P, $50.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Orgasm (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, less pigmented, warmer (90% similar).