NARS Laguna Matte Bronzing PowderNARS Laguna Matte Bronzing Powder ($38.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a light-medium brown with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. It seemed less golden compared to the original Laguna (which remains in the regular Bronzing formula that has some shimmer), though it was still a warmer-toned bronzer overall.
It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation with a soft, smooth, and velvety consistency–it had a glide to it that gave it a richness without being too powdery nor too firmly-pressed into the pan. The powder applied well to bare skin and blended out with ease. It lasted well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (P, $30.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $68.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Light Medium (P, $28.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Coconut Beach (LE, $8.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Dior Soft Bronze (03) (P, $48.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Physicians Formula Bronze (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Bronzed (P, $28.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Salt New York Light (P, $16.00) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Gorgeous Glowing Beauty #4 (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Bronze (02) (P, $40.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$38.00/0.28 oz. - $135.71 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "buildable" and "long-lasting." The pigmentation was more semi-opaque to opaque rather than truly buildable, but the texture was forgiving so it could be used with a lighter hand or a less-dense brush for more buildable coverage if desired.
The consistency was smooth, velvety, and had some glide to it, which helped the powder apply and blend out exceptionally on bare skin without darkening too noticeably (as matte powders often can). There was a slight bit of powderiness in the pan, but it wasn't too softly pressed, just the right balance to make it blendable and yielding but not messy to work with. The formula also sat well on skin without looking dry but still kept its matte finish. They wore between eight and nine hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our NARS Matte Bronzing Powder swatches.
Talc, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Flower Extract, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Zinc Stearate, Polybutene, Magnesium Myristate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isopropyl Isostearate, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- (May Contain/Peut Contenir): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Mica, Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.