NARS Ibiza Highlighting Powder (2018) ($38.00 for 0.49 oz.) is a slightly muted, medium gold with warm, orange undertones and a luminous sheen. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was easily built up to full coverage with less than another layer applied on top. The consistency was smooth, thin, and blendable, despite having a firmer feel in the pan itself (but no powderiness that way!). The highlighter applied evenly and blended out with ease along the edges, and it revealed a high-shine finish that did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for nine hours on me before fading noticeably.
- Becca Gradient Glow (P, $38.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Maybelline Molten Gold (P, $9.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Gold Addict (P, $6.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Infatuation (LE, $44.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- NARS Coucher de Soleil I (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Side Piece (LE, $26.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Bigger and Better (LE, $8.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Maybelline Gold (300) (P, $9.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Oh, Darling! (P, $33.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$38.00/0.49 oz. - $77.55 Per Ounce
The new powder highlighter formula is supposed to "melt seamlessly into skin to enhance your natural glow" with "buildable radiance." The texture had a smooth feel that was finely-milled but firmer, almost stiff in a way, in the pan (not in a bad way), and it was not at all powdery. There was a dryness and thinness present in the texture that made it less like traditional powder highlighter formulas (including the brand's original range of highlighting powders), and none of that translated into poor performance.
That being said, all of the shades applied better on the cheeks than the they did applied to my arm. I also noticed that finish became more and more luminous--almost blindingly at times!--as the powder was buffed and blended on my cheeks. They were very reflective and shiny on my cheek bones with semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation. I had no trouble blending and diffusing any of the shades on my skin, and despite having a firmer feel in the pan, I could use fan brushes and other feathery brushes to pickup product. The powders lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our NARS Highlighting Powder (2018) swatches.