NARS Bumpy Ride Blush ($30.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a light-medium pink-coral with warm undertones and a light golden sheen. It’s a very springy shade, and it’s a less shimmery version of their well-known Orgasm. My guess is this will work well for lighter skin tones and medium complexions who want a hint of color, as it is visible but a more subtle blush on my light-medium skin tone.
It had semi-opaque, buildable coverage with a soft, smooth, and blendable texture that was a touch dusty but seemed to sit well on the skin. The finish became more satiny as I blended and buffed the color on my cheeks. On me, the color wore well for seven and a half hours before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Day Dream (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Hourglass Luminous Flush (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Holiday (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, brighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Too Faced Love Hangover (P, $26.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pretty (LE, ) is more muted (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta She's Passionate (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Seductive Beauty (Cheek Pop) (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B210 (P, $23.00) is brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Legendary (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Flower Tender (LE, $12.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$30.00/0.16 oz. - $187.50 Per Ounce
From NARS’ website, their blush formula is described as “beautifully pigmented” and “soft [and] blendable.” NARS' blushes, since they've been released in such a massive range of shades over the years, can vary from shade to shade to some degree. Most shades are pigmented with firmer, slightly stiffer consistencies that can also run on the thinner side, which allows greater control when picking up product but some of the more matte shades could be a bit more blendable or easier to work with.
Some of the more newly-released shades have softer, more yielding textures that are a bit creamier and are easier to blend out, though most of NARS' blushes are fairly blendable. The wear typically ranges from eight to nine hours with a few shades falling above or below this range.
Browse all of our NARS Powder Blush swatches.
Look Using this Product