NABLA Cosmetics Dune Skin Bronzing Bronzer Powder ($26.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a medium, golden brown with strong, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was far more coverage than described, though I’m sure most will not find it to be a deal-breaker. For those who find more buildable coverage essential, if you use a lighter hand, it should be no trouble to do so as there wasn’t any powderiness, which ensured precision was possible.
The bronzer had a firmer, denser consistency that wasn’t powdery and worked best with a moderately-dense brush. It’s not firm in a bad way as the powder applied evenly to bare skin and blended out beautifully for a seamless look. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Wet 'n' Wild You're Dragon Me Down (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild What Shady Beaches (P, $4.99) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Delphic (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Natural Sandstone (LE, $16.50) is lighter (95% similar).
- Gucci Beauty Medium (03) (P, $62.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Baby Girl (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Bronze Dynasty (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Bronzer (LE, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Luminous Bronze Light (P, $52.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The High Dive (PiP, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$26.00/0.23 oz. - $113.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable coverage" and can be used wet or dry. The finish is described as a "natural sun-kissed effect" that is "radiant." They were more pigmented than they were buildable, but the denser, firmer consistency made it easier to use a lighter hand with it to get more buildable coverage if desired.
The consistency was comparable to the brand's Skin Glazing highlighters and other baked gelee kind of formulas on the market; denser, firmer and smoother powders that work best with moderately-dense brushes but are very finely-milled, not powdery at all, and have a tendency to look seamless and almost "melted" on skin.
I had no trouble applying and blending out the latest bronzer formula on bare skin or over foundation. The powders at well on my skin, diffused easily along the edges, and lived up to the "radiant" finish promised. They wore between eight and nine hours on me. The "downside" was that they were more semi-opaque or higher in coverage.
Browse all of our NABLA Cosmetics Skin Bronzing Bronzer Powder swatches.