Morphe Boom High Impact Highlighter ($14.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark rosy copper with subtle, warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had rich color payoff with a smooth, creamy texture that was dense but yielding and soft. The powder applied evenly and smoothly to my skin, blended out easily, and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for almost nine hours before fading slightly.
- Estee Lauder Modern Mercury (LE, $65.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 15 Golden Pink (P, $21.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Moodlight (Candlelight) (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz (P, $46.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Might Be (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia Amber Gold (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- OFRA Blissful (P, $29.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Rose Gold (LE, $46.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Tawny Glow (P, $48.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Bathe (LE, $28.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$14.00/0.28 oz. - $50.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "creamy" finish that is "weightless" that have an "explosive, prismatic effect." A few shades (like Extra, Spark, and Stardust) had a softer sheen--more shine than shimmer--that I think might appeal to some, while other shades are intensely metallic and much more shimmery on the skin (like Mirage and Boom). The texture of the ones that weren't quite as shimmery felt smooth, firmer and denser, but not stiff to work with, and I didn't have any trouble applying or blending them out. The more shimmery shades felt creamier and denser but less firmly pressed in the pan, so it was even easier to pickup product with a typical, tapered highlighter brush. They wore well for eight to nine hours on me before fading. One thing to note, I don't think the term "prismatic" is a good descriptor of these, a only one shade had true shift (Stardust was a duochrome), and I'm wondering if the brand understood the term before using it (as it's not a case where I can see an attempt at a duochrome--the range includes very standard highlighting shades).
Browse all of our Morphe High Impact Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Polypropylene, Nylon-12, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin. +/- May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).