Moira Fairy Gold Sun Glow Face and Body Highlighter Review & Swatches
Moira Fairy Gold Sun Glow Face and Body Highlighter ($14.00 for 0.53 oz.) is a light copper with moderate, warm undertones–balanced between red and orange–paired with a sparkling, metallic finish.
- Mostly opaque color payoff
- Soft, velvety texture, not stiff but not powdery
- Applied evenly and blended out with little effort
- More prone to emphasizing skin texture
- Long-wearing (8 hours before fading)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Milani Rosa Italiana (P, $10.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Rich #2 (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Freak Like Me (DC, $12.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine My Day One (Highlighter) (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Fire (LE, $6.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Daygleam (P, $28.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (P, $19.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Milani Sunset Glow (P, $10.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Honey (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- OFRA Sea Shimmer (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$14.00/0.53 oz. - $26.42 Per Ounce
The Sun Glow Highlighter formula is supposed to have a "creamy powder" texture and "ultra-fine pearl" formula to give "glowing skin." It had a noticeable coconut scent when the commpact is open, though I did not get much scent when I wore the products.
The consistency was smooth, more velvety with good glide/slip, though they still felt like a powder product. The coverage was semi-opaque to opaque and buildable to boot, while the finish was less pearly as it was quite sparkly--if you don't like "glittery" highlighters, you won't like these. On the other hand, if you like high-shine, sparkle, and glow, then these delivered on all three.
I felt like they were a bit more prone to emphasizing skin texture as a result, since they start at a mega-level of glow. They wore eight hours on me before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our Moira Sun Glow Face and Body Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Petrolatum, Polyisobutene, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Polyethylene, Tin Oxide, Methyl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ PUEDE CONTENER (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Good thing that I have dupes, because that embossing is almost too pretty to wreck! Although I would with the right shade…😉
I do think the metallic finishes emphasise skin texture, which would be a deal breaker for some.