Milk Makeup Lit Flex HighlighterMilk Makeup Lit Flex Highlighter ($28.00 for 0.22 oz.) is a light, golden beige with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It was buildable to more of an intense, metallic finish (that was still shiny rather than really shimmery) with a second layer of product. The powder felt smooth, silky, and wasn’t powdery (well, the larger chunk that I tested, as it did arrive broken upon arrival) when I put my brush to the product to pick it up. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, though it was easy to pick up less product or spread and buff it out for sheerer coverage if desired. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Natasha Denona Light (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- LORAC Destined (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop You're a Catch (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Guerlain Electric Look #1 (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte Strobe (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Flash and Awe (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop On Tempo (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Glow (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Here Kitty Kitty (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Dior Holo Pink (001) (DC, $56.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
$28.00/0.22 oz. - $127.27 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to apply "seamlessly" to skin and hydrate skin with a "weightless pearlescent base" that gives "next-level glow." There's no specific description about coverage, but the promotional swatches showed all shades as opaque. The formula is as smooth and as silky as described; it felt like a thinner, powdery cream than it felt like a true powder.
It had good glide and slip, and I did feel like it "melted" a bit when applied to my skin, so it had that "seamless" aspect to it as marketed. The finish ranged from moderately luminous to sparkling, and the intensity of the glow could be built up. The pigmentation was more opaque, but it could be used with a lighter hand for more buildable coverage if preferred. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Milk Makeup Flex Highlighter swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isostearyl Alcohol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Diamond Powder, Moonstone Powder, Topaz, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Nymphaea Coerulea Flower Extract, Trihydroxystearin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glucomannan, [+/- May Contain/Peut Contenir: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.