Milani Luster Light Hypnotic Lights Powder Highlighter ($12.99 for 0.30 oz.) is a soft beige with a subtle, pink-to-peach shift and satin finish. The key with this highlighter is subtle; this is one for those who have longed for a shift but without a metallic sheen. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, but it could easily be applied with a lighter hand for sheerer coverage if desired. The powder was soft, smooth, and blendable without being too firmly or too loosely pressed in the pan, so it was easy to apply and blend out on my cheeks. Despite having less shimmer, it was still glowing on the skin and never looked powdery or too flat/dry. On me, it wore well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
- Chantecaille Year of the Dog (LE, $42.00) is less shimmery, less pigmented (95% similar).
- NYX Snow Rose (P, $7.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight (P, $44.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Touche (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Luxurious Bling (P, $25.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Cle de Peau Delicate Pink (14) (P, $55.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Diamond Dust (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, glossier (90% similar).
- Kaja Prizm (DC, $19.00) is more shimmery (85% similar).
- Colour Pop You Idiots! You Fools! You Imbeciles! (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Anastasia Pink Heart (LE, ) is more shimmery (85% similar).
$12.99/0.3 oz. - $43.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "silky-smooth" and have a "subtle, iridescent glow." Subtle is right on the money; they have an ethereal glow that's there but not blaring, and there's really a sea of intense, metallic highlighters on the market, so seeing something on the subtle end of the spectrum was refreshing. The powders had a soft, smooth, slightly dense consistency, but they did not feel stiff nor were they difficult to pickup with a brush. They blended out easily on the skin, sat well, and yielded a lit-from-within kind of glow. On me, they lasted for eight hours.
Browse all of our Milani Hypnotic Lights Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica (CI 77019), Magnesium Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Talc, Dimethicone, Tin Oxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Magnesium Violet (CI 77742).