Milani Flashing Lights Hypnotic Lights Powder Highlighter ($12.99 for 0.30 oz.) is a light-medium pink with warm undertones and a gold-to-orange shifting shimmer. It had a luminous finish on my skin–glowing but not overtly shimmery or metallic–so it was easy to apply and never have to worry about emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation. On my complexion, it was a subtle highlighter and blusher. The powder was smooth, soft without being powdery, and blendable. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Urban Decay NSFW (LE, $26.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Hot Damn-oiselle D'Avignon (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Peach Delight (007) (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Fireball (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Maybelline Molten Rose Gold (P, $9.99) is brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Coral Vibes (002) (LE, $50.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NYX Magnetic (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Goddess (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Guilty Pleasure (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$12.99/0.3 oz. - $43.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "silky-smooth" and have a "subtle, iridescent glow." Subtle is right on the money; they have an ethereal glow that's there but not blaring, and there's really a sea of intense, metallic highlighters on the market, so seeing something on the subtle end of the spectrum was refreshing. The powders had a soft, smooth, slightly dense consistency, but they did not feel stiff nor were they difficult to pickup with a brush. They blended out easily on the skin, sat well, and yielded a lit-from-within kind of glow. On me, they lasted for eight hours.
Browse all of our Milani Hypnotic Lights Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica (CI 77019), Magnesium Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Talc, Dimethicone, Tin Oxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid. +/- May Contain:Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Magnesium Violet (CI 77742).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.