Melt Cosmetics Sundown Blushlight ($22.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a medium, coppery bronze with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. The shimmer throughout was more finely-milled, so the more the powder was buffed and blended out over my skin, the more luminous (and less metallic) it appeared. The texture was soft, a little dusty in the pan, but it was blendable and easy to work with as I could use a lighter hand to get a sheerer application if desired. It wasn’t, however, buildable (as described) without consciously altering my technique; the pigmentation was opaque in a single layer and a little went a long way. The color stayed on well for eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Becca Blushed Copper (DC, $34.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Sinamon (P, $25.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Sensation (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rum (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Santos (LE, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Sunswept (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Mesmer-eyez (LE, $4.50) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Lynx (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- MAC My Mimi (LE, $45.50) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Zoeva ND030 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
$22.00/0.13 oz. - $169.23 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be buildable and can be worn alone or layered with other blushes. I'd consider it a more pigmented blush formula; a few shades are soft and yielding enough to be used with a lighter hand or less-dense brush for sheerer, more buildable application, but most shades were semi-opaque to opaque in one layer. The texture ranged from smooth, lightly creamy to soft and slightly powdery (though finely-milled and silky to the touch!). They blended out fairly well, though a few shades could have been more blendable, and most shades lasted between seven and eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Blushlight swatches.
Talc, Mica, Triethylhexanoin, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Boron Nitride, Nylon 12, Silica, Magnesium Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).