Melt Cosmetics Pink Moon Digital Dust Highlight ($39.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a light-medium pink with warmer, more pink-coral undertones and cooler, pink-to-violet sparkle. It had a lightly metallic finish that managed not to emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It had good color coverage but needed a second layer for opaque coverage. The consistency felt drier to the touch, and it seemed to apply less precisely as more product dispersed more readily on my skin. I’d recommend using a lighter touch or smaller brush for more precise application (if one doesn’t intend to wear it all-over the cheeks!). It sat nicely on my skin, though, and it didn’t appear dry or dusty once blended out. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NABLA Cosmetics Truth (P, $26.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Peach Kiss (P, $9.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Botanic Dream (P, $4.99) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Bloom (LE, $80.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Champagne Gold (LE, $65.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rose on Ice (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Andalasia (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Incandescent (Bottom) (PiP, $75.00) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- MAC Springsheen (P, $24.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- The Estee Edit Gleam (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
$39.00/0.28 oz. - $139.29 Per Ounce
The brand doesn't have a great description of the highlighter formula generally, just descriptions of each shade. The lightest shade--Stargazer--is described as "buildable" but the other two are silent with respect to pigmentation, and the lightest shade was quite pigmented. Since there was no general description, I'm holding the formula to the average powder highlighter's claims--pigmented, long-wearing, and blendable, except Stargazer, which I would expect to have "buildable" pigmentation. The formula has a denser, firmer texture, but it never felt stiff nor was it difficult to blend out on the skin. The coverage was semi-opaque and buildable with a high-shine to metallic finish. All three lasted eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Digital Dust Highlight swatches.
MICA, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SQUALANE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, GLYCERIN, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), XANTHAN GUM, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-t-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, SILICA, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, TIN OXIDE. May Contain: TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77891, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492), CARMINE (CI 75470)