Melt Cosmetics Nova Digital Dust Highlight ($39.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium-dark copper with warm, brown undertones and a luminous sheen. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was buildable to full coverage with less than a layer patted on top. The powder was moderately firm in the pan, smooth, and easy to blend out on the skin–it felt “dry” in a way but wasn’t actually dry or dusty. The finish was luminous enough to catch and reflect light noticeably, but it did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Lustre Gold (P, $9.00) is lighter, less pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Strange New Worlds (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Rising Star (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- The Estee Edit Beachy (LE, ) (90% similar).
- Sephora High Noon (P, $16.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass Bronze Flash (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Perfectly Lit (LE, $34.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior #003 (LE, $53.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Beauty Beam #1 (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Center of the Universe (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$39.00/0.28 oz. - $139.29 Per Ounce
The brand doesn't have a great description of the highlighter formula generally, just descriptions of each shade. The lightest shade--Stargazer--is described as "buildable" but the other two are silent with respect to pigmentation, and the lightest shade was quite pigmented. Since there was no general description, I'm holding the formula to the average powder highlighter's claims--pigmented, long-wearing, and blendable, except Stargazer, which I would expect to have "buildable" pigmentation. The formula has a denser, firmer texture, but it never felt stiff nor was it difficult to blend out on the skin. The coverage was semi-opaque and buildable with a high-shine to metallic finish. All three lasted eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Digital Dust Highlight swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexlgycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthan Gum, Tin Oxide, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492)