Melt Cosmetics Genesis Digital Dust Highlight ($39.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium-dark, pink-coral with warm, golden shimmer throughout. It had rich pigmentation in a single layer, though the firmer, denser consistency made it easier to use a lighter hand with it to achieve more buildable coverage if preferred. The powder was firm without being stiff, so I could pick it up with a brush, apply and blend out the color easily. The finish was luminous but didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture, and the powder could be layered for a more intense finish, as described. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before I noticed any fading.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Jet Girl (82) (LE, $49.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pinkgasm (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Papa Don't Peach (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Drop of a Hat (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Telling Glow (P, $27.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Stila Peach Shimmer (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Stereo Rose (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Beach Bum (P, $25.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Hit Rewind (P, $7.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Vibrant Coral & Golden (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$39.00/0.28 oz. - $139.29 Per Ounce
The brand doesn't have a great description of the highlighter formula generally, just descriptions of each shade. The lightest shade--Stargazer--is described as "buildable" but the other two are silent with respect to pigmentation, and the lightest shade was quite pigmented. Since there was no general description, I'm holding the formula to the average powder highlighter's claims--pigmented, long-wearing, and blendable, except Stargazer, which I would expect to have "buildable" pigmentation. The formula has a denser, firmer texture, but it never felt stiff nor was it difficult to blend out on the skin. The coverage was semi-opaque and buildable with a high-shine to metallic finish. All three lasted eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Digital Dust Highlight swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tin Oxide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthan Gum, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite.