Maybelline Molten Peach Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter ($9.99 for 0.24 oz.) is a light-medium peach with warm, orange undertones and pink-to-gold shifting sparkle and pearl. It was a more metallic, sparkling finish, so if you’re someone who loathes any larger particles, it might not be the right pick for you. For those who like a more noticeable, stronger and reflective finish, this one may fit the bill. The texture was soft, just loose enough that it was easy to pickup product with a highlighter brush (including the sparkles), and the sparkles seemed to be more fleck-like (flatter), so they adhered better to bare skin and blended out without disappearing. It had opaque coverage (not quite buildable as it’s marketed, though) that applied easily and lasted for eight and a half hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Nuanced (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Venus Nectar (LE, $48.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- LORAC Sunlight (LE, $23.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Sol Body Bronze Hour (LE, $12.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Smashbox Crank It Up Pearl (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Dior Peach Delight (007) (LE, $50.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Chanel Metal Peach (LE, $80.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Rose Gold FX (LE, $31.00) is less shimmery, less pigmented (90% similar).
- ColourPop Morning After (PiP, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Equinox (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
$9.99/0.24 oz. - $41.63 Per Ounce
It’s supposed to have a “chrome effect” that can be applied “lightly for a subtle glow” or built up for a “bold melted metal look.” The texture was soft, smooth, and blendable that was delightfully creamy to the touch, but it was still more loosely pressed (without being powdery), which made it particularly easy to apply with a slew of brushes.
For subtle coverage, I’d recommend a light hand and a tapered highlighting brush or a fan brush with a moderate hand. It had opaque coverage–not buildable as described, which was really the only downside to the product–that applied evenly to bare skin and blended out with little effort. The shades typically wore for around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Maybelline MasterChrome Metallic Highlighter swatches.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492/Iron Oxides.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.