Makeup Revolution Liquid Starlight Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a light pink with warm undertones and a fine, metallic sheen. It had semi-sheer to nearly opaque coverage with a smooth, lightweight texture that felt thin and lightly emollient between my fingertips. The highlighter spread evenly across the skin without lifting up my base (and worked well over bare skin or mixed with foundation/primer) when I patted it onto my cheekbones with my fingertips. The consistency was thin enough to mix well with other products but had enough slip and density to slide well over bare skin or as a standalone product. It gave a strong, almost metallic sheen to my skin with a pale pink color. This shade stayed on well for nine hours on me.
- Sleek MakeUP Ecliptic (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Maybelline Iridescent (100) (P, $9.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Ethereal (P, $9.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- L'Oreal Ice (P, $12.99) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Cover FX Celestial (P, $42.00) is darker, more pigmented (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Pixie Pearl (LE, $36.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Pink Glow (002) (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Stunner (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Milk Makeup Pink (LE, $30.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- OFRA Pillow Talk (P, $29.00) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$9.00/0.60 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.
Isododecane, Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Styrene / Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Propylparaben, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).