Liquid Rose Gold
Makeup Revolution Liquid Rose Gold Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a medium-dark, coppery brown with warm, red undertones and a metallic sheen. The base color seemed to sheer out quite a bit when used on its own, even when I patted the product into place initially and appeared more like a light-medium, warm pink. There was subtle color but not intense nor opaque despite trying to pat on a second and third layer. The consistency was lightweight, thin but not too watery, and easy to blend and spread on the skin. It did not lift up base products but sat well on both bare skin as well as made-up skin. It wore well for nine hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Too Faced Tropic Like It's Hot (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Anastasia Penny (LE, $25.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (P, $41.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk (Medium) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Dior #003 (LE, $53.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Peaches and Cream (P, $39.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Blushed Copper (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Coppin Ice (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Dream Light (LE, $45.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior #004 (LE, $53.00) is warmer (90% similar).
$9.00/0.6 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.
Isododecane, Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Styrene / Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Propylparaben, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.