Liquid Luminous Gold
Makeup Revolution Liquid Luminous Gold Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a medium gold with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had an incredibly smooth, shiny, and luminous finish on the skin that was between moderate and blinding, depending on application, layering, and the like. The liquid highlighter was buildable from sheer to semi-opaque that was easy to spread and blend out on my skin, whether it was bare or had foundation on it. It had a lightweight consistency that wasn’t too watery nor was it heavy enough to be gel-like. This shade wore well for nine hours on me.
- Charlotte Tilbury Gold Bullion (LE, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Golden Champagne (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Becca Opal (P, $38.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Cover FX Moonlight (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Medium-Nude (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #02 (P, $39.00) is darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Twilight (P, $23.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia So Hollywood (DC, $28.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Guilded Glow (P, $5.99) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty 24Kray (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$9.00/0.6 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.
Isododecane, Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Styrene / Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Propylparaben, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).