Makeup Revolution Liquid Champagne Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a light-medium gold with warm undertones and a metallic finish. It had a soft, yellow base that made it appear lighter than Liquid Luminous Gold on the skin. The finish had noticeably shiny and shimmery but was more buildable in its intensity overall. The coverage was only buildable from sheer to medium coverage on me. It had a lightweight consistency that spread easily across my skin (whether bare or with foundation) and diffused without issue along the edges. The texture felt lightly emollient and more watery as it was rather thin overall. The highlighter stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
- NYX Moonbeam (P, $6.99) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Capri (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Twitch (P, $18.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Cover FX Celestial (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Cover FX Moonlight (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Chanel Camelia de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Original (P, $38.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS First Time (LE, $26.00) is lighter, cooler, glossier (90% similar).
- Tarte Exposed (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Euphoric Gold (P, $9.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$9.00/0.6 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.
Isododecane, Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Styrene / Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Propylparaben, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).