Liquid Bronze Gold
Makeup Revolution Liquid Bronze Gold Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a light, golden copper with warm undertones and a metallic finish. It had a strong sheen on the skin, which did emphasize my skin’s natural texture slightly at medium or greater coverage. The highlighter had a lightweight, almost water-like texture that spread well over bare skin and diffused easily along the edges for a seamless blend. It had buildable pigmentation from sheer to semi-opaque, and the intensity grew from moderate to metallic. The highlighter lasted well on my cheekbones for eight and a half hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Padded Down (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Fire (LE, $6.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Honey (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Medium (02) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Candlelight (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Acting Up (P, $8.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Milani Sunset Glow (P, $10.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Dior Bronze Glow (004) (P, $50.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Sunset Aura (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Malibu (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$9.00/0.6 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.
Isododecane, Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Styrene / Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Propylparaben, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.