Liquid Bronze Gold
Makeup Revolution Liquid Bronze Gold Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a light, golden copper with warm undertones and a metallic finish. It had a strong sheen on the skin, which did emphasize my skin’s natural texture slightly at medium or greater coverage. The highlighter had a lightweight, almost water-like texture that spread well over bare skin and diffused easily along the edges for a seamless blend. It had buildable pigmentation from sheer to semi-opaque, and the intensity grew from moderate to metallic. The highlighter lasted well on my cheekbones for eight and a half hours.
- Dior Bronze Glow (004) (P, $48.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Sunset Glow (P, $10.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Candlelight (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Indiscretion (P, $44.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Twitch (P, $18.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Sephora High Noon (P, $16.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Malibu (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Cover FX Rose Gold (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Bronze (Highlighter) (P, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (P, $19.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$9.00/0.60 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.
Isododecane, Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Styrene / Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Propylparaben, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).