Makeup Geek Midnight Sun Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a soft, light-medium gold with warm, yellow undertones and a metallic finish. It had the type of finish that was very reflective, but it was so smooth that it did not seem to emphasize my pores or my skin’s natural texture.
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” Midnight Sun had intense, opaque color payoff that was still easy to blend, diffuse, and sheer out, if desired, on the skin. The texture was soft, smooth, and not too soft or too firm in the pan, and I felt like I could control how much product I got on the brush easily. It lasted for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tarte Spotlight (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Fiji (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Authentic (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever H106 (P, $23.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Becca Prosecco Pop (P, $41.00) is less shimmery, darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Anastasia Butterscotch (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Bombshell (P, $7.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Bare End (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Selfie (P, $25.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Royal Glow (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$20.00/0.25 oz. - $80.00 Per Ounce
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The majority of the range is beautifully done with smooth, slightly denser textures that are blendable and easy to work with. They have good pigmentation, though some shades are more buildable than "incredibly pigmented." Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Makeup Geek Highlighter swatches.
Triethylhexanoin, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470)