Makeup Geek Daybreak Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light-medium peachy orange with warm, yellow undertones and a luminous sheen. This had a nearly metallic sheen, but it was very smooth and reflective without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture or the look of my pores (I was rather surprised!). A little went a long way, so I would recommend using a fan brush to get a sheen without blinding everyone near you!
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The highlighter was richly pigmented with full, opaque coverage. It had a soft, smooth, denser texture that wasn’t powdery but was soft enough to allow a highlighting brush to easily pick up the product. It blended out easily across the skin, and while it can be quite intense, I was able to sheer and buff it out to something more subtle, if desired. This shade wore well for eight hours on me before fading.
- Becca Beach Nectar (LE, $38.00) is more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Dance 'Til Dawn Blush #1 (LE, ) is less shimmery, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Starlight (P, $44.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Becca Pink Sapphire (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- Le Metier de Beaute Whisper (P, $30.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Many Splendors #2 (LE, ) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Stereo Rose (2014) (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Nuanced (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Melonade (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Norman Parkinson (LE, $32.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$20.00/0.25 oz. - $80.00 Per Ounce
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The majority of the range is beautifully done with smooth, slightly denser textures that are blendable and easy to work with. They have good pigmentation, though some shades are more buildable than "incredibly pigmented." Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Makeup Geek Highlighter swatches.
Triethylhexanoin, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470)