Makeup Geek Celestial Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a very light, icy lavender with cool undertones and a luminous sheen. The finish was somewhere between luminous and metallic, but the shimmer seemed very fine and had a smoother look, so it did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. I didn’t notice much of a shift with this one–it always looked icy and purplish.
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” It had good pigmentation, though it wasn’t quite opaque and seemed less pigmented compared to most of the range. I don’t think that this is, functionally, a bad thing, as it was still buildable, and I expect that many apply their highlighter with sheer to medium coverage in mind anyway. The texture was soft, smooth, and lightly dense so that there wasn’t any excess powder that kicked up in the pan, but there was also no difficulty in getting product onto the brush. I noticed signs of fading around the tops of my cheek bones after eight hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Huda Beauty Arctic Glow (LE, ) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- NYX Twilight Tint (P, $7.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 5 Frozen Purple (P, $21.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Lav Dreams (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild White Raven (LE, $4.99) is less shimmery, less pigmented (90% similar).
- Clionadh Pomona (P, $12.50) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Naked Cherry #3 (LE, ) is less shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- Milani Make Believe (PiP, ) is less pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Get Lit (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Wild Phox (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
$20.00/0.25 oz. - $80.00 Per Ounce
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The majority of the range is beautifully done with smooth, slightly denser textures that are blendable and easy to work with. They have good pigmentation, though some shades are more buildable than "incredibly pigmented." Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Makeup Geek Highlighter swatches.
Triethylhexanoin, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.