Makeup Geek Ablaze Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a brighter, medium-dark copper with warm, red undertones and a golden shimmer-sheen finish. This shade looked pinker and redder buffed and blended out with a warmer, more golden/copper sheen. When it was applied more heavily, it appeared a bit darker and less rosy.
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” Ablaze was intensely pigmented with a soft, smooth, almost cream-like texture. The finish was nearly metallic, but it did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture or the look of my pores. I can imagine this will be particularly stunning on deeper skin tones (which it was designed for), while other lighter skin tones could easily wear it as a highlighting blush. The highlighter was easy to apply, spread across the skin, and diffuse for subtle edges. It lasted just over eight and a half hours on me.
- Makeup Geek Firework (P, $20.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- MAC A Latte Sheen (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Bourgeois (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Bronzed Amber (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Golden Apricot (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Rose Gold (LE, $25.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Spellbound (LE, $44.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Sinamon (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Edward Bess Ciao (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Smashbox Rosemantic (LE, $39.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$20.00/0.25 oz. - $80.00 Per Ounce
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The majority of the range is beautifully done with smooth, slightly denser textures that are blendable and easy to work with. They have good pigmentation, though some shades are more buildable than "incredibly pigmented." Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Makeup Geek Highlighter swatches.
Triethylhexanoin, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470)