Make Up For Ever B306 Artist Face ColorMake Up For Ever B306 Artist Face Color ($23.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a slightly muted, medium coral-orange with warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had good pigmentation, which was buildable to full coverage with just a touch more product layered on top.
The texture was soft, smooth, and moderately dense but wasn’t too firmly pressed in the pan, so it was still easy to pickup with a brush and blend out on the skin. The blush started to look more natural in finish as I blended and buffed the powder into my skin. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Anastasia Peachy Keen (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Shortbread (PiP, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Fresh n Peachy (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Kaja Pink Cloud (PiP, ) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Honey Thief (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Zip (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Blush (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Shiseido Alpen Glow (06) (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Coastline (LE, ) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Sweet Revenge (P, $26.00) is darker (95% similar).
$23.00/0.17 oz. - $135.29 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense color payoff" with a "long-lasting finish." The range is split into three types--Highlighters, Sculpting Powders, and Blushes--that is easy to determine by the first letter of the shade name (H for Highlighter, S for Sculpting, and B for Blush).
There are three finishes--matte, shimmer, and pearl but was less obvious. In fact, the majority of the "matte" shades were more like semi-matte or natural matte where there were no distinctive shimmer particles but they seemed to take on the natural finish of the skin, which gave the "mattes" a particularly seamless finish on the skin but might be dewier on oilier skin types than desired. None of the 34 shades available were frosted or metallic except three of the highlighters (H100, H106, H312).
The pigmentation ranged from medium to opaque, depending largely on the shade, though they were always buildable if they were not opaque in a single layer. Some of the deeper, more matte shades were less forgiving and took more effort to diffuse and blend, even when I used a lighter hand or a more feathery brush. The texture was smooth, velvety, and moderately dense without any powderiness or dustiness in the pan. The formula has lasted between eight and ten hours on me.
Browse all of our Make Up For Ever Artist Face Color - Blush swatches.