4 Golden Peach
Make Up For Ever 4 Golden Peach Star Lit Liquid ($24.00 for 0.15 fl. oz.) is light-medium gold with warm undertones and flecks of pink, gold, silver, and lighter copper glitter. The pink glitter seemed to be the most noticeable on the skin.
4 Golden Peach had sheer to medium coverage, so the amount and type of coverage was in line with how it was described, though it is hard to get really opaque coverage, as the consistency can get really thick and be harder to work with (and more noticeable in terms of that thickness on the lid). The consistency was very thin, water-like, which made it easy to spread out but also ensured that it was a sheerer product as it would immediately sheer out when I worked with it. It dried down quickly, but I felt I had enough time to blend and spread out the highlighter as long as I worked one area at a time.
As a cheek highlighter, it lasted well for eight hours but had a few particles that had migrated to other areas of the face, so it does “shed” and lose some glitter while worn. As an eye product, it was better as a lid-only product, as it creased after seven hours of wear if I took it above the crease, and there was also some fallout over time–not as bad as a glittery, powder eyeshadow, though, and really not bad at all given just how glittery the formula was.
The Star Lit Liquid formula is described as a “lightweight, multi-use, pearlescent formula” that is a “sheer, water-based formula” that is buildable and won’t feel sticky on the skin. If you like a subtle highlighter, this formula is not for you. And if you don’t like glitter, this formula is definitely not for you! If you like glittery highlighters, I think this might be up your alley. The consistency was thin, water-like, and felt cool going on. The applicator is a lot like a nail polish brush, and it’s okay for getting initial color onto an area, but it is not practical to use it as a blending tool or anything like that. I had the best luck using my fingertip to pat and spread the glitter on the skin (cheeks or eyes) as a sheer wash.
- Make Up For Ever 3 Gold Champagne (P, $24.00) is darker, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Ivory Gold (10) (P, $58.00) (90% similar).
- MAC In Orbit (LE, $22.00) is darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Twilight (P, $23.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Sailor (P, $6.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Chanel Plisse Lumiere de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Smashbox Gold Glitz (LE, $32.00) is less shimmery, less pigmented (90% similar).
- Anastasia So Hollywood (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Sparkler (P, $28.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty La Belle (P, $7.50) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).