1 Arctic White
Make Up For Ever 1 Arctic White Star Lit LiquidMake Up For Ever 1 Arctic White Star Lit Liquid ($24.00 for 0.15 fl. oz.) is a bright, silvery white with multi-colored glitter. It had sheer, buildable coverage (to semi-opaque) that was mostly “pigmented” in the form of glitter.
The Star Lit Liquid formula is described as a “lightweight, multi-use, pearlescent formula” that is a “sheer, water-based formula” that is buildable and won’t feel sticky on the skin. If you like a subtle highlighter, this formula is not for you. And if you don’t like glitter, this formula is definitely not for you! If you like glittery highlighters, I think this might be up your alley. The consistency was thin, water-like, and felt cool going on. The applicator is a lot like a nail polish brush, and it’s okay for getting initial color onto an area, but it is not practical to use it as a blending tool or anything like that. I had the best luck using my fingertip to pat and spread the glitter on the skin (cheeks or eyes) as a sheer wash.
On the cheeks, it lasted for eight hours with some traveling glitter particles, but a lot of it stayed in place. The effect was more sparkling than reflective like your average highlighter. On the eyes, it had some fallout over time and faint creasing after six hours. It wore a bit longer and better patted over another powder eyeshadow, and I didn’t have any issues with it creasing when I applied it that way. The formula burned slightly going on my eyelids (it was fine on my cheeks, though) but then dried down and didn’t cause issues. As a heads up: the glitter is difficult to remove completely, so there were noticeable particles on my eyes/face after cleansing multiple times. If I used tape, I could grab them off the skin, but it was a lot of effort to get the last dozen or so particles off of the skin.
- Anastasia Star (LE, ) is less shimmery, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rollin' Dice (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia Snowflake (P, $25.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Give Me Glow Snowflake (P, $17.25) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Quartz (P, $24.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Fanny Pack (PiP, $8.00) is less shimmery, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Anastasia Blue Moon (LE, ) is less shimmery, more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty How Many Carats (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Cast Away (LE, ) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Anastasia Snow (LE, ) is less shimmery, more pigmented (85% similar).