MAC Shooting Star Opalescent Powder ($36.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a pale lavender with warmer undertones–more pink- than blue-based–with a soft, golden sheen. It had good pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage with less than half of a layer.
The texture was smooth to the touch, soft without being powdery or dusty in the pan, and the powder picked up easily with less-dense brushes. The color applied evenly to bare skin and diffused easily along the edges for a seamless blend. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading visibly.
- Milani Luminous Light (P, $12.99) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- OFRA Neptune (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Unicorn Tears (Highlighter) (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Pardon My Francais (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Hippo (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Get Lit (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
- Fenty Beauty 7daywknd (PiP, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Royal Calyx (P, $4.99) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- ColourPop Poor Unfortunate Souls (LE, $10.00) is cooler (80% similar).
- ColourPop Chill Pill (P, $7.00) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).
Talc, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol Stearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Glyceryl Oleate, Polybutene, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tin Oxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Copper Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.