MAC Dilly-Dolly Extra Dimension Blush ($31.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a very light pink with cooler undertones as the base color with contrasting, warmer gold pearl that gave it a luminous sheen.
The texture was smooth to the touch, moderately dense but not stiff to work with, and blended out effortlessly on my skin. The finish was luminous but wasn’t prone to emphasizing skin texture. It had semi-opaque, buildable color coverage that lasted nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Surratt Beauty Barbe a Papa (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Don't Flutter Yourself (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Cover FX Blossom (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Love Glow (Diamond Powder) (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Clionadh Clionadh (Light) (P, $12.50) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Forget Me Not (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Adoration (Left) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Sydney Grace Keep It a Secret (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Dior Blush Pink (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Benefit Tickle (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, brighter (85% similar).
$31.00/0.14 oz. - $221.43 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Blush formula is supposed to have “long-wearing colour with prismatic reflections” that wears for “10 hours.” The formula is typically very pigmented with a soft, smooth texture that’s firmer in the pan but not difficult to use–I had no issues grabbing color with even my softest brushes–and has no dustiness or powderiness in the pan. The blushes are usually blendable with a luminous glow on the cheeks that did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. With MAC’s newly-added permanent shades, the wear time has ranged from eight to ten hours.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Blush swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.