MAC A Tartan Tale Collection for Holiday 2010
MAC A Tartan Tale Collection for Holiday 2010
U.S. Launch Date: October 28th, 2010 for Colour & Palettes; November 4th for Mini Sets
MAC’s holiday collection is always an expansive, kill-your-wallet-and-take-no-names kind of adventure. It includes a color collection as well as holiday kits, palettes, and sets.
Lipstick ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Cut-a-Caper Mid-tone peachy pink (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- The Faerie Glen Pale neutral pink (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Deepest Wish Deep creamy red-brown (Amplified) (Limited Edition)
- Full Fuchsia Bright blue fuchsia (Amplified) (Permanent at PRO)
- Courting Lilac Sheer lilac mauve with soft gold pearl (Glaze) (Limited Edition)
Dazzleglass Creme ($18.00 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Radiant Jewels Dark sparkly magenta (Limited Edition)
- Soft Dazzle Mid-tone peach pink with gold pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Dazzleglass Creme, ’09)
- Passing Fancy Bright orange coral with soft pearl (Limited Edition)
- Lightly Prancing Light peach with gold pearl (Limited Edition)
- Romancin’ Mid-tone lavender with multi-dimensional pearl (Limited Edition)
Eyeshadow ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
Each eyeshadow has a plaid pattern imprinted on the eyeshadow and is similar in size to Mineralize Eyeshadows.
- Golden Crown Light gold with bronze Tartan striping (Limited Edition)
- A Wish Come True Dirty mauve with bubblegum pink Tartan striping (Limited Edition)
- Follow Your Fantay Mid-tone peach with chocolate Tartan striping (Limited Edition)
- Enviably Fun Grass green with dark green Tartan striping (Limited Edition)
- Semi-Precious Aubergine with chocolate Tartan striping (Limited Edition)
- Glamora Castle Dark grey with teal Tartan striping (Limited Edition)
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Later Black with transforming purple pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Alice + Olivia)
- Moonlight Night Blackened teal with teal pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- The Family Crest Blackened bronze with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Petrol Blue Deep navy with pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Black Line Black with gold pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Undercurrent Teal with pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Black Swan Black with pearl (Limited Edition)
- Lord It Up Bronze with pearl (Limited Edition)
Blush ($18.50 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Her Blooming Cheek Bright iridescent blue-pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- My Highland Honey Bright coral with soft gold pearl (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($13.00 U.S. / $15.00 CDN)
- Sly as a Fox Creamy mid-tone russet/burnt red (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Style Clan Dark taupe with red pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Check out more details!
6 Dashing Lassie Eyeshadow Palette ($36.00 U.S. / $43.00 CDN)
- Bronze Copper penny (Frost) (Limited Edition — possibly permanent; description is different)
- Buckwheat Frosty medium brown (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Naked Honey, ’09)
- A Dashing Lassie Metallic milk (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Magical Mist Metallic taupe (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Showstopper Dark brown (Matte) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Once Upon a Time (Will update when we have it!)
6 Reelers & Rockers Eyeshadow Palette ($36.00 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Carbon Matte black (Matte) (Permanent)
- White Rabbit Shimmer white (Pearl) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Holiday, ’09)
- Melt My Heart Metallic silver (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Gaelic Gold Metallic gold (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Crown & Sceptre Metallic copper (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Family Treasure Metallic bronze (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
6 Twists of Tartan Eyeshadow Palette ($36.00 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Vainglorious Metallic maroon (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Venomous Villains, ’10)
- Rolled Gold Gold (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Lady’s Prance Clay (Matte) (Limited Edition)
- High Spirits Shimmered avocado (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Bows & Curtsys Metallic hunter green (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Set to Dance Dark royal blue (Matte) (Limited Edition)
6 Beauties Play It Cool Eyeshadow Palette ($36.00 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Heather Belles Dark charcoal (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- To the Ball Dusty lavender (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Hold My Gaze Medium grey (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Holiday, ’09)
- Magic Moor Purple grape (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Altered State Blackened plum (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Holiday, ’09)
- Silverwear Metallic lavender (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Holiday, ’07)
Happily Ever After Lip Kit ($22.50 U.S. / $27.00 CDN)
- Cheers All Around Bright candy pink (Frost) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
- To Joy Medium pink (Frost) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
- Endless Fun Sheer frosty pink (Lipglass) (Limited Edition)
A Fabulous Fantasy Lip Kit ($22.50 U.S. / $27.00 CDN)
- Storybook Ending Raisin (Lustre) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
- Imagine This Pinky beige (Amplified) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
- Heroic Tale Sparkle flesh tone (Lipglass) (Limited Edition)
A Triumphant Blush Face Kit ($38.00 U.S. / $45.50 CDN)
- Melba Soft coral peach (Matte) (Permanent)
- Peachtwist Golden peach (Sheertone) (Permanent)
- Smooth Harmony Neutral mid-tan (Beauty Powder) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Heatherette, ’08; Diana Ross, ’05)
Hark the Heraldry Face Kit ($38.00 U.S. / $45.50 CDN)
- Dame Sophisticated blue-pink (Satin) (Permanent)
- Plum Foolery Faint dusty plum (Sheertone) (Permanent)
- Oh So Fair Pale pink (Beauty Powder) (Repromote from Venomous Villains, ’10)
Vain & Glorious Lip Bag ($36.00 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Mellow Mood Sheer pink (Lustre) (Lipstick) (Repromote from Electroflash, ’08)
- Baby Sparks Sparkly baby pink (Dazzleglass) (Permanent)
- In Synch Light pink (Lip Pencil) (Repromote from Too Fabulous, ’10)
Dazzle the Lads Lip Bag ($36.00 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Baron’s Rose Medium rose (Cremesheen) (Lipstick) (Limited Edition)
- Moth to Flame Sheer neutral beige (Dazzleglass) (Permanent)
- Draw Me Close Dusty rose (Lip Pencil) (Limited Edition)
Noble Knights Lash & Line Kit ($36.00 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Blitz & Glitz Black with gold pearl (Frost) (Fluidline) (Permanent)
- Teal Bright metallic teal (Frost) (Pigment) (Permanent)
- Zoomblack Black (Mascara) (Permanent)
- 209SE Eyeliner Brush
Violet My Love Lash & Line Kit ($36.00 U.S. / $43.50 CDN)
- Macroviolet Deep, smoked violet with pearl (Frost) (Fluidline) (Permanent)
- Violet Bright metallic purple (Frost) (Pigment) (Permanent)
- Zoomblack Black (Mascara) (Permanent)
- 209 SE Eyeliner Brush
The Swinging Violets Mineralize Kit ($49.50 U.S. / $59.50 CDN) (Nordstrom Exclusive)
- Icescape Sheer pale pink with pink pearl (Frost) (Lipglass) (Repromote from Love Lace, ’09)
- Earthly Riches Deep plumdeep grey with rose veining (Frost) (Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo) (From Mineralize, ’09)
- Bare Study Champagne with gold and white pearlized pigments (Frost) (Paint Pot) (Permanent)
- Zoomblack Black (Mascara) (Promo Size) (Permanent)
MAC Glamorous Mineralize Kit ($49.50 U.S. / $59.50 CDN) (Nordstrom Exclusive)
- Blessedly Rich (Lipglass)
- Engaging Pinky beige and yellow gold with rose veining (Frost) (Mineralize Eyeshadow) (Repromote from Mineralize, ’09)
- Indianwood Metallic antique bronze (Frost) (Paint Pot) (Permanent)
- Zoomblack Black (Mascara) (Promo Size) (Permanent)
My Scottish Fling Mineralize Kit ($49.50 U.S. / $59.50 CDN) (Nordstrom Exclusive)
- Budding Romance (Lipglass)
- Pink Split Dirty rose with bronze and pale blue veining/pink with gold pearl mono (Frost) (Mineralize Eyeshadow) (Permanent as of ’10)
- Fresco Rose Mid-tone pink with matching pearlized pigments (Frost) (Paint Pot) (Permanent)
- Zoomblack Black (Mascara) (Promo Size) (Permanent)
Sassy Pink Lassies Lipglass ($29.50 U.S. / $35.50 CDN)
- Sassy Lassy Bright pink fuchsia (Limited Edition)
- Fab Fun Pale crystal pink (Limited Edition)
- Frozen Dream Medium pink rose (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Chill, ’08)
- Electro-Lush Medium mauve (Limited Edition) (Possibly repromote–description is different)
- The Wee Coquette Naked neutral pink (Limited Edition)
Sassy Coral Lassies Lipglass ($29.50 U.S. / $35.50 CDN)
- Tad Saucy Pale muted pink (Limited Edition)
- Jest for Fun Peachy blossom pink (Limited Edition)
- Pretty, Quick! Bright coral (Limited Edition)
- Mimmy Bright pink coral (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Hello Kitty, ’09)
- Hearts-a-Beatin’ Pale raisin (Limited Edition)
Sassy Neutral Lassies Lipglass ($29.50 U.S. / $35.50 CDN)
- Scottish Lilt Peachy beige (Limited Edition)
- Spirits a’ Flying Pale gold (Limited Edition)
- Girls at Play Plummy brown (Limited Edition)
- Stealing Kisses Glossing spice (Limited Edition)
- Bright & Perky Classic bronze (Limited Edition)
Warm Thrillseekers Pigments/Glitters ($32.50 U.S. / $38.50 CDN)
- Reflects Bronze Sparkling rich gold (Glitter) (Permanent)
- Most Darling Medium brown shimmer
- Gift o’ Glamour Pale metallic pink
- Gold Mode Tan gold (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Rushmetal, ’07)
- Gilded Green Frosty mid-tone green with gold pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Colour Forms, ’08)
Cool Thrillseekers Pigments/Glitters ($32.50 U.S. / $38.50 CDN)
- Reflects Pearl (Description unknown) (Glitter) (Permanent)
- Silver Fog Platinum silver (Permanent at PRO)
- Cheers My Dear! Pale violet (Limited Edition)
- Softwash Grey Grey with purple pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Sundressing, ’06)
- Mauvement Cool taupe with gold pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Fabulous Felines, ’10)
Smoky Thrillseekers Pigments/Glitters ($32.50 U.S. / $38.50 CDN)
- Reflects Blackened Red Sparkling burgundy (Glitter) (Permanent)
- Naked Fleshy beige with golden copper pearl (Pigment) (Permanent)
- Jigs & Jives Naked taupe (Limited Edition)
- Blue Brown Deep brown with frosted green/blue reflection (Permanent)
- Dark Soul Charcoal black smoked with gold (Permanent)
Naughty Little Vices Nail Lacquers ($25.50 U.S. / $30.00 CDN)
- Nocturnelle Black-as-night black (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Asiatique Creamy classic red (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Beyond Jealous Blackened blue green (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Vintage Vamp Deep black wine (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Vice is Nice Classic metallic gold (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Sweep Me Off My Feet ($49.50 U.S. / $58.00 CDN)
- 129SE 190SE 227SE 212SE 275SE
A Lady & Her Tricks ($49.50 U.S. / $58.00 CDN)
- 168SE 187SE 209SE 219SE 252SE
She’s Got It All ($49.50 U.S. / $59.50 CDN)
- 194SE 204SE 224SE 266SE 275SE
p style=”text-align: center;”>
Comments on this post are closed.
Good detective work finding this link! ‘Can’t wait to see more details 😀
I was just daydreaming yesterday about how j could achieve plaid on my lids for a party next week. I’m fated to own this collection.
Hopefully its nothing so great, that way my wallet can heal till December when I’m planning to pick this one up.
Sorry ur pocket won’t be healing 🙁 I got to play with this stuff @ days ago in the back of the store… AMAZING!
I can see this being a nice collection, lovely colours and things.
I can’t wait for this! I’m Scottish!
I must tell you that two of my fantasy “boyfriends” are Scottish: Gerard Butler and Kevin McKidd. These are my dream men!
If you haven’t been to Scotland, you must go. Lovely country, and the people are very nice. Visit Edinburgh – a beautiful city.
I can’t wait for this collection!
lol…obviously if she’s Scottish she either already lives in Scotland or was originally from there.
perhaps not. I’m 1/3 scottish and have never been.
I’m 1/4 Scottish and have never been as well. Doesn’t mean she’s from thereI
hey me too x
I´m half scottish ;D
I’m 1/4 Scottish as well! didn’t know there was so much Scottish blood on Temptalia! 😀
I’m 100% Scottish! Live on a beautiful island just off the West coast called Bute where the designer Stella McCartney married! Been a highland dancer all my life, and it’s wonderful to see the tartan in the collection. Alba Gu Brath!!
im also 100% scottish, live on the west coast in Argyll! x
That seems odd for a holiday collection. Will the packaging be LE?
My husband’s Scots-Irish so maybe he’ll be willing to let me splurge a bit on this collection… 🙂 Can’t wait to see colors, though I fear that due to the theme it may suit the fairer lasses more than me.
I’m sure the collection will have something for every skin tone!
i got to play with the products at update and there really is something for everyone in it … i think you’ll be pleasantly surprised
Wow. This looks like a very interesting collection as well. Damn you MAC!!! For goodness sakes. Can you please relax a bit for me? I am going broke. I have three collections that I know I am definitely buying from: In the Groove, Fabulous Felines, Dinsey Venomous Villains and now this one. Looking forward to some interesting colors. Can’t wait for more info. Thank you Christine!
Same! I’ll definitely try to save up during the summer!
I’m excited for the Nail Trends collex, but I’m even more excited for this!! Since it’s a holiday collection, it’ll probably be big with something for everyone. Or, knowing MAC, several things for everyone. 😉 And the special packaging is bound to be adorable to the max!
Scottish/Irish here, and a sucker for tartans!
I’m taking a vow to not buy anything based on the package, but only if I truly love what’s inside.
amen to that 😀 haha i have too many things from mac that i only bought because of the packaging. not again! but this looks like yet another great collection cant wait to see the products
Oooh tartan sounds cool a Scottish kind of theme…sounds neat-o.
I hope it is boring though so I don’t have to buy it haha.
Hmmm…the packaging looks to be awesome, but I don’t know. But I’ve liked past MAC holiday collections, so hopefully this lives up to them.
OMG I love plaid. xD
since it’s holiday… i’m predicting a lot of red and green plaid in the packaging!! although red/black would be cute and festive too!
Loved last year “Mirth & Mischief” but this could be MAJOR!
my college mascot is “the tartans”… strange I know… a mascot that is a pattern… but that makes me sooooo pumped for this collection!
That seems like an odd holiday theme. I hope the colors in the collection get as much attention as I’m thinking they will put into the packaging.
Well, looking at the promo picture, maybe we’d be getting great red lipsticks and eyeshadows in that dark blue and yellow? I know there’s Chrome Yellow eyeshadow, but maybe this one would be a Veluxe Pearl? lol just throwing ideas out there. 😛
I’ll have to wait to give my opinion on this collection, I have to see the colors in person or when you put up swatches of them, you do such a good job on your lighten when taking the pictures thanks Christine.
I can’t wait for this collection. MAC is breaking me down this year; I’m gonna seriously have to cut back
Lol, I find it so funny you are all so excited when all you’ve seen is a tiny picture of a model wearing some tartan clothes! 🙂
I will only have an opinion on this once I’ve seen at least some product pictures, preferably swatches!
YES — I am Scottis/Irish and love the plaids!! This is going to be amazing!!
I this this collection is going to be awesome. Last year I really enjoyed their holiday collection mainly because I so new the MAC, so I got all the quads, which I so love. I hope this collection have some quads.
aaaaaaaaaah! Looks very interesting. MAC keeps wiping me out with these collections….
This will be awesome!!
I’m Scottish/Asian can’t wait for this collection!
my husband is scottish/asian too!!!!
MAC i continue to love/hate you everytime i think ive got enough money saved for a collection you pull out another one!!!!!!!!
Oh boy! Here we go again. A Tartan Tale (Chapters 1 & 2)? I can’t wait to see what this holiday collection will consist of.
I cant wait to see the product images for this collection!! so excited!
I read somewhere online here http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/mac-a-tartan-tale/ suppose to be a mix of reds greens and blues. Cant wait to see if its true. Love blues and greens!
oh my god!cant say a thing! they just blind me crazy!
I am gonna be dying for this. Love plaid, love Tartan, love Fall colours and fashion, can’t wait every year to see the colours! This collection looks exciting.
I REALLY hope the packaging is like plaid or something. It’d be super cute!
Holy Scot! This sounds amazing. I’m hoping for a few plaid lipsticks. You know a bunch of interesting colors in plaid style so that outcome color will be unique & different. Hoping same with blush. No word yet on the names/colors of these items? Damn you mac!
hey christine, i spoke to someone from mac today… i know that the alice + olivia pigment in later will be re-released in this collection…. yay! seeing as it pretty much sold out on the pre order (missed out damn!!)
can you tell me what else is coming out in this collection???
I don’t have any info yet!
When do they usually release promo pics for October collections? I can’t wait!
I imagine we won’t see anything until September.
After the Villains collection I will be broke. 🙁 Glad there will be a month in between it and the XMas Collection.
I hope it is better than 2008 & 2009 Holiday collections. Those both disappointed me.
OMG! I just googled for some updated information on this collection and this is what I found: http://prettyaspeaches.blogspot.com/2010/07/mac-tartan-tale-holiday-collection.html
Thanks to prettyaspeaches.com
No pictures, but we get some names of the items. I’m soooooo excited for courting lilac lipstick. Hoping it’s an amplified creme and very lilacy.
Holy crap! What a beautiful sounding collection this is. I want everything mentioned so far: Dazzleglass Cream- Radiant Jewels, Soft Dazzle, Gone Romancin’, Passing Fancy, Lightly Prancing
Lipstick- Cut a Caper, Deepest Wish, The Faerie Glen, Courting Lilac, Full Fuschia
Pigment- Later, The Family Crest, Moonlight Night
Powder Blush- Her Blooming Cheek, My Highland Honey
I’m curious what color The Faerie Glen, Deepest Wish and Cut a Caper lispticks will be?
I cant wait to see some more information about the products! 😀
i think that there will be some good eyeshadow and blush colours with this collection – or i hope so ! :-p
i am hoping for greens( sassy grass ?) blues (zingy?) and reddy pink eyeshadow for this collection and a blush that will help give a frost bitten look for the chilly months
im new to this, and might not want to find out….how much do you think this collection will cost? i want more makeup haha and i loooove the holiday season<33
Too early to say!
Scots refer to themselves as… Scots. Scottish is just territory and food. It’s a Scots plaid and a Scots woman.
Celts are a people who dominated most of Northern Europe for millenia. It’s also a whole outlook on the world that the Romish christians did their darndest to eradicate, i.e. women were clan leaders and owned property. That’s where the burning alive thing started. Ireland was a last hold out for said people; The Black Irish are the last of the breed as genetic grouping. Dark hair, pale skin, blue undertones.
If you want to claim kinship, know what it is and what it’s called, OK?
Solstice, later Christmas, was a time for tucking in for brutal winters. Wearing tartan, made of wool. And like most nights around fires it was a time for telling stories, most of the product names I’ve seen refer to the modern scraps of Celtic spiritual lore. So this is very appropriate for Holiday and about the dominant culture of Europe for most of it’s history. Not just plaid!
Here’s hoping for prettier eye pallets than last years’ plastic jewel. I love those things! And I have a list of people who need a decent smoky eye set, so I’m wishing my for my shopping to be easy…
And for pity’s sake MAC- Queen’s Sin! Please! It fits in well enough with Boudica. And if you don’t know who she was you should. Wiki her. You want fierce, I give you one of history’s great generals. A Celtic Woman.
On SNL Mike Myers said “Scotch is drink, not a people!” Love him!
How can you make such a vast political statement here but then throw around phrases like “black irish”? That’s insulting.
“Black Irish” is a relatively racist term to describe someone of Irish descent with dark hair or darker features who was believed to have descended from Spain. HOwever, this was proven to be a huge myth, as the majority of Ireland’s population is brown-haired. 🙂 There is no such thing as black Irish. Genetic studies have been done and there is no difference between an irish person with dark hair or one with lighter hair. It’s ridiculous that people are still using these terms. Please put a stop to it.
Also, the Celts did not dominate Northern Europe. They dominated the north western part of what is now collectively known as the British isles…but you’re forgetting the vikings, teutons, visigoths, and other tribes that lived in other parts of europe in the north as well.
I appreciate that you’re trying to clear up some common misconceptions, but please try not to inadvertently spread other misconceptions as well. 🙂
Hi Christine, Still no info or pictures on this collection yet? Guess I’m getting a little impatient to see the stuff.
If I have anything new to share, I will be certain to post 🙂
There’s a preview of two pigments on the Tartan Tale forum on specktra.net. Also, the blush “Her Blooming Cheek” is a very bright pink, and “My Highland Honey” blush is a peach shade. And apparently they’ll be selling a story book, and everything is tartan – including the brush bags.
A photo of the lipstick “The Faerie Glen” was found on a Vogue UK site (http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/426×639/a_c/Beauty_WK_1.jpg)
Tarten Tale forum on specktra:
OMG GUYS THE MOONLIGHT NIGHT PIGMENT IS TO DIE FORRRR!!
i saw a pic of both the Moonlight Night and The Family Crest pigments on a girl’s blog. here’s the site :
definitely buying now <3
i simply must know what products will be in this collection as i want to work out my budget ! lol i think there will be some fab stuff
Mac, i didn’t think you could get any better,
but you just did.
Oh my goodness I love anything tartan and/or argyle patterned! I just may get suckered into getting a bunch of stuff from that collection.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I am SO not missing out on these brushes this year!! I CAN’T WAIT!!
I’m jumping around 😀
Oh yeah…I’ve never been able to get any of these sets that come around that time. How much do the brush sets typically cost?? >.< I know you don't have the information yet, but maybe an estimate 😀 since I'm a Mac newb still
Last year’s were $49.50 – I imagine $52-54 this year.
Same price this year. 🙂
This is the first time that packaging might play a role in what I buy…I am mega excited about this collection.
On a side note, why do people keep buying these mini brush kits. The quality is comically bad
This might be the best MAC packaging I’ve ever seen. It looks so classy!
oh my goddddd they are BEAUTIFUL. there goes all my money
I’m rather underwhelmed, having seen these images… Let’s hope the other half of the holiday collection is going to be more interesting…
YES. i hate plaid. thank you MAC, for having mercy on my wallet.
Oooh, do I se paint pots? If I do, I am going to be a VERY happy girl :))
OMFGZ! I’m saving up for this for sure, I definitely want those pigment collections!
Thanks a lot Christine! I actually see a ton of stuff that I want! Oh boy! This is nooottttt good! I love allllll the colors!!!!!
I think it looks horribly ugly. Really, WHAT’s with the bags?! And tin boxes …?! Where’s the luxe?
I wish you hadn’t M.A.C., I honestly wish you hadn’t.
I’m not really feeling the plaid, but I want the brush sets and eyeshadow palettes, as long as the handles are made from plastic like last year!
Oh, Dear God . . .
Beyond excited about this!!!! Can’t wait to hear more 😀 Thanks so much for posting this.
I’m loving the brush sets, but that’s about it so far. The eyeshadow sets look very bland and dull for a holiday collection. I’m looking forward to seeing the whole collection when more info comes available and hopefully there will be more to excite me!
Oh, my god. This is the hugest collection ever. How I am supposed to get enough money to get all of this?
UGH. THIS SUCKS. BUT I LOVE THE COLLECTION.
They usually release it in parts over October/November, though I don’t know if they’ll do it this year – it’s how they’ve done it in the past.
Thanks so much! If they release them in parts, I’ll be able to buy all the things that I want.
Yes they are 🙂 I asked.
MAC you slay me! Those brush sets bags are on! The six colour eyeshadows look great, the little sets look great for gifts. Okay I am done after villians. Got to save for this one.
I was wondering when the pics would come out! Sooooooo excited for this collection!!!
Good Lord… :-O
*BRB STARTING A COLLECTION*
Happiness!! The quad I was planning to build and some brushes I’m missing! YAY!
Great colour story 🙂 I’m looking forward to new pigments, must have it 😉
Does anybody knows in what language is the original post in the source ?
Thanks Christine, I couldn’t figured out what is that 🙂
omg my gos thanks i looked at the original post and i couldn’t figure it out
is that supposed to be like fresco rose paint pot?
I was wondering the same thing!!
This looks like an amazing holiday collection! I love plaid!! Cannot wait for more information. Thanks you Christine.
OMG! im gonna start saving now 🙂
those are gonna sell out no doubt
Cute packaging! Can’t wait to see the pigment and lipglass sets.
I’m loving the packaging! We will just see if the products will be up to par.
I’m not really loving the packaging so much, but I definitely want to get an eyeshadow palette (: I’m looking forward to the holiday collection in November!
OMG, the packaging this year kicks last year’s packaging’s behind!
i know like the brush bags i actually want to use!
Oh my god, the packaging is so cute! It reminds me of gossip girl for some reason. I rally like the bag and lip product sets 🙂
Reminds me also of gossip girl haha! I totally love it.
Oooh, it looks very original, the packaging that is. The products aren’t wowing me….
I’m more of a Nars junkie but in honor of my love for the Outlander series (with Kevin McKidd in the lead) I may set aside some shelf space for this collection. It could be a lovely start to a potential Mac addiction. YAY!
GORGEOUS! Can you say Christmas wishlist?!
Ew all that plaid is very overwhelming… It doesn’t look very modern & chic… Perhaps it’s too many colors of plaid…
I agree not too keen on the mixtures of plaid they chose. It is very overwhelming and tasteless IMO.
those are so cute…..i always wanted something from the holidays collection,never got something,too expensive….maybe this year
i’m in love…
Oh, the Scot in me is so exicited!! I will need to get at least one of the packages with the blue/green tartan… similar to the Johnston tartan(my maiden name)
I LOVE THIS COLLECTION!!! OMG!!! I DIED AND WENT TO EHAVEN RIGHT NOW AND ITS FILLED WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST YEAR WITH THE HOLIDAY COLLECTIONS AND IM FREAKING OUT!!! THE FACT WE GET LIKE A PAINT POT, A MINERALIZED EYESHADOW AND LIPGLASS AND MASCARA OMFG. I WILL KILL FOR THIS!!!
I would actually REALLY wear that bag (with the brushes) if it were a crossbody. I think it might be a wristlet though..
LOL I was thinking that too!! I really really doubt its a crossbody bag though 🙁
i know it would be a really cute wearable bag!
I heard it is a crossbody bag! I read it on specktra 🙂
Love the packaging. Can’t wait to see all of the colors in the pigment and lipglass sets as well as the eyeshadows. I’m making my list as soon as you update with more info. Thanks, Christine!
Nice, looks very pretty. Can’t wait for more info. I always wanted to get the travel set brushes even though they aren’t hand made. Thanks Christine.
Oooh! How wonderful! This will on my Christmas list this year.. <3
OMGGGG! i cant wait for this. I love anything tartan. Im a plaid junkie. Oh and the makeup looks pretty too. HAHA
THE MAC GODS HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!
Finally some details on this collection, aye? Thanks so much Christine!♥
OMG, how gorgeous!
I am a sucker for anything plaid, so I hope the products live up to the hype!!!
Are the brush sets the same quality as the normal ones? Is it worth buying
No, they’re machine made vs. man-made.
Thanx Christine, love you blog 🙂 keep it up 😉
that makes me sad..:( i was hoping to buy the brushes this time b/c i didn’t buy them last year and I regretted not buying for a whole year but this info makes me think twice about buying the brushes..:/
So are they worth buying despite being machine-made? >.> Ta x
I don’t think they are.
I love this! I cant wait 🙂
Ooh I like this 🙂
I think the colors are friggin beautiful, although .. i’m not a fan of the packaging what so ever. Colors are worth the buy though, 🙂
YAY! I’ve been waiting to see details about this collection for forever 😉
Thank you SOOO much for this little sneak peak!! I was already very exited about it! 🙂
I am completely unsure of how i feel about this collection! BUT–I know I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the eyeshadow palettes COME with a little brush??! When have high enders ever come with a little brush, or even worse the dreaded sponge-tipped applicators??
Most high end palettes come with sponge applicators (Guerlain, Dior, Chanel, Lancome) and the Mac holiday palettes have always come with a small brush.
I was shocked too! Actually that is one way to spot MAC fakes – the fake products generally come with small brushes or sponge applicators. I know people who work for mac and they have always said this is something MAC would NEVER do because the small brushes are just crap. I guess they are trying to attract a wider market base with these?
High end sets have come with brush/sponge applicators – If you class ‘high end’ as non-supermarket/pharmacy brands, like Clinique (who have always supplied brushes), and I’m sure Chanel, Lancome, et al have supplied brushes too.
I got a mini 139 brush (stated as that on the reverse of the palette) with one of last year’s palettes – Directly from the MAC UK website so it was a genuine product.
They have always come with little 213 brushes I think in the holiday pallettes.
Loving the packaging (and the products as well), I went to university in Scotland, St Andrews, so its bringing back memories!
Oh God! I am in love!!! It all looks beautiful and I’m still trying to not let myself buy one of the new Guerlain eye palettes…I feel like I will just break and buy everything >.< I know I am looking at an eye palette here and at least a lipglass set or one of the lipstick/lipglass pouches. I know this isn't considered a lot by lots of the people here, but I'm a student that has been sucked into good high end make up!!
I love the warmth in the colours used for the packaging. Last year's was beautiful, but the pattern was a lot more simple and the colors a lot cooler I feel.
Oh my god!!!
I love this collection!!
Omg, start saving now!!! Thanks for the info.
I LOVE IT! I want so many things, I think my wallet will be pretty empty once this collection has launched, hahahahaha! I’m already thinking about scheduling my working hours around the launch date/time so can get in early and get everything I want 😀
I especially love those zipper bags with lip products, brushes and eye kit inside, they’re so pretty! Thank you for sharing this Christine!
From reading comments on different posts I get the idea that the brushes that come in groups are usually not as good as the full-size brushes. Is that true in our opinion?
I would say that at some point, they seemed like a decent way to get MAC brushes without breaking the bank, but over the years, I do feel the quality has lessened. The brush sets have always been machine-made (that I know of), whereas the full-size brushes are handmade. I wouldn’t recommend the brush sets overall — I’d either go with another brand’s brushes for something to hold you over until you can afford MAC brushes and buy the MAC brushes (which I think are excellent) as you can afford them.
I also think that they often throw in brushes that you’ll very rarely use, so you may find yourself really only using maybe 2 of the brushes from the set.
So I’m not the only one who thinks the quality has gone down! I have a set from 2007 I think (gold handles), and they’re quite good. I thought I’d get some more from the Nordstrom exclusive sets this year, but when I went to check them out, they felt horrible and nothing like the set I already have. It’s a shame because I hate using brushes with long handles so I probably won’t ever want to buy MAC brushes.
pretty packaging! i almost always skip the holiday collections though… but pretty! 🙂
Looks disappointing so far. The packaging is cute but the colors are just banal. Come on mac!
OMGHOLYSKALFJISJMCLKFNEOFJLSIFEF THAT PACKAGING IS SO CUTE<3
i already knew i'd get some of the stuff from this collection, but now i think i want everything lol.
OMG! That looks amazing1 I looove their holiday collections. Can’t wait for more details and swatches. 🙂
I am literally salivating over these eye palletes. I haven’t been this excited for a collection since Venomous Villains.
As a Rod Stewart fan and loving Scotland and all things Europe , I’m definitely getting a few things for xmas from this!
I’d love to know prices so I can see how much I’m gonna need to save up XD
any idea how much the brush sets might be? 😀
Probably $52 or 54.
They are $49.95
Is it just me or does this collection look identical to last year’s holiday collection?
yeah but thats good, cuz i didnt buy any of the holiday e/s palettes from last year, just the pigments.
Yeah, I think so too. Especially the top two palettes.
I was thinking exactly the same thing too. Will wait until it acatually comes out or watch a review on You Tube before I decide to buy any.
Does this remind anyone else of Harry Potter Hogwarts? LOL but a nice collection!
I thought Hogwarts as soon as I saw the plaid with the crests. The blue reminds me of Ravenclaw.
Cute collection, but I will wait for swatches.
Ugh. MAC does preppy.
ahaha, that’s exactly what I thought when I saw it.
Wow, the packaging is gorgeous!!! I wish you could buy the wristlets without the brushes hahaha. I’ll have to wait until the information is released before I decide, because as gorgeous as it all is, I can’t buy it for the package alone, and don’t want to end up with a bunch of doubles.
oh my, i am inlove with everything in this collection. i am not really a fond of lipsticks/lipgloss, but this collection just bought me. the palettes are to die for. time to save up 🙂
how long is this collection avaliable i heard they make like 2 product things where if they run out theyget more like a permanent item
Probably 4-6 weeks in sum, but some things may sell out faster.
LOVE ! def will be asking for these for christmas 😀
LOVE THE COLLECTION! i for sure have to buy some stuff.
i love the gold accents on the lipsticks and brushes!
and I love the lipglass sets! they look right up my alley 🙂
I’m so glad I’m only interested in the brush kits and that one full size brush. That’s all I’m getting. 🙂
The first plaid in the upper left corner of the pictures was the plaid of my Catholic school uniform, lol.
I can’t believe my eyes that I am actually staring at this collection right now! The bag for the brushes – I WANT!!! The bag for the lippies – I WANT!!!!!!
I want everything!!!!!!
man this just sucks i was doing so well convincing myself that mac was full of crap for being so expensive (they aren’t but i was doing so well with the convincing) and now this!!! :(:(:(
CRAP! i wasn’t supposed to like this collection!!!!!!!!! lol darn im going broke in december!
I absolutely hate the packaging! Very disappointed. I am glad though because it means I will not be spending a lot.
WOWOWOWOOWW LOVE IT ALL!
i’m in love!
One of the many good things about the holiday season cant wait
I can’t wait for this…i looooooooooooooove it,,alll,,
I already want some of the stuff and I cant even see the real colors 🙂
Look at the pretties! Oh, I’m so glad I’m ok skipping Venomous Villains…I’m just so *un excited* about that launch. I’ll stop by the counter the day it hits, but..eh…it doesn’t *speak* to me like the pretty plaid packaging and all the lovelies do.
Omgooodness it’s beautiful! I want that mascara/pigment/gel liner/brush set (brilliant) and one of the lipgloss/lip stick sets.
Are those tins ya think for the pigment sets and things?
Yes, I believe so!
how much does the lip gloss and pigments mini collection usually go for.. thats all im really exicted for! ohh yeah how much would the mini set with the mascara, lipgloss, paint pot, and eyeshadow be. i know you probality dont know much, but an estmate would be awesome
$30ish, I believe!
oh crap! i want them all! i need another job…
Can’t wait to see the swatches!
Time to start saving some pennies for this 😀
how much do you think those pigment sets are??? Love the plaids! I’m so excited!
OMG OGG i just had a makupgasm! i totally want everything now. i just LOVE the packaging. i love how everything is a diff color. i wish mac was more creative w/ the felines and disney collection when it came to packaging like they did w/ this collection. i havent been this excited for a collection since hello kitty, and to the beach. i cant wait for more color info on whats in these beautiful items. thanx christine. i think this may be the first collection i may get all the compact e/s. i wonder what paintpot, pigment and blushes their gopnna have.
I felled in love with the packaging! Finally!!!
looks great! don’t know if i will get them or just wait for them to hit the cco. will definitely have to take a look although don’t think i will buy since i got to save money for my uk trip at the end of the year. maybe it’s a sign though, lol, since i will be spending a day in edinburgh!
I am so excited for the lipglass sets! They look nice and creamy 😀 How long will these be available till?
Omigod! *squeals in delight* I was worried I wouldn’t like it, but wow I want like half of it!
Please tell me this NOT “The” Holiday Collection. The colors seem off for the season.
AAAAAAhhhh i cant wairt now that i have seeen the products pics but then you see the price and you start panicking lol !Thank you so much! 😛
I live/from Glasgow , Scotland and i dont like it 🙁
ooo! 🙂 Reminds me of Harry Potter. I love it! 🙂