Kevyn Aucoin Rose Gold, Copper, Titanium The Molten Lip Colors Reviews, Photos, Swatches
Kevyn Aucoin Rose Gold The Molten Lip Color ($30.00 for 0.14 fl. oz.) is a peachy coral with warm undertones and lots of fine, gold pearl (along with pink). I was surprised that it was not more pigmented in a single layer, and while buildable to a point, it did feel a little too heavy with a second layer and was more prone to sliding around so one layer was ultimately the most comfortable. It had medium pigmentation that covered the lips fairly evenly with a high-shine finish. The texture was light-medium in weight with light tackiness and a smidgen of color that pooled in my deepest lip line. This shade lasted for four hours on me and was hydrating.
The formula is described as a “high impact, metallic liquid lip color” that has “intense pigments” and a “moisture-rich” formula that is “comfortable” and “long-wearing.” The texture was smoother and less tacky compared to other metallic lip gloss formulas that have debuted in the last year, so these did seem more comfortable and less maintenance as a result. They were fairly pigmented with some shades being richer than others. The formula was lightly to moderately hydrating with average wear time (around four hours).
- Anastasia Sunscape (LE, $16.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Sephora Fresh Peach (07) (P, $12.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Stoke the Flame (LE, $21.00) is less shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Sahara (610) (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Vaycray (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Nymphette (P, $21.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil (LE, $56.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- ColourPop Atole (LE, $10.00) is less pigmented (85% similar).
- MAC Flare for Fantasy (LE, $20.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Frantic Romantic (LE, $21.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
Kevyn Aucoin Copper The Molten Lip Color ($30.00 for 0.14 fl. oz.) is a golden copper with warm, bronze undertones and multi-colored pearl (though predominantly gold). It had nearly opaque pigmentation with a smooth, creamy consistency that was light-medium in weight, lightly tacky, and comfortable to wear. The gloss spread evenly across the lips and stayed on well for four and a half hours.
- Bite Beauty Champagne Pearl (DC, $22.00) is lighter, more muted (95% similar).
- MAC Summer Chromance (LE, $21.00) is less shimmery, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Smashbox XO, Vlada (LE, $24.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Nude Night (202) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Gilded Age (LE, $21.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Too Faced Show Me Your Coconuts (P, $20.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- Dior Ambre Lumiere (227) (P, $29.50) is cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Soleil d'Orient (LE, $26.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- MAC Soft Serenade (LE, $21.00) is less shimmery (85% similar).
- MAC Goldieloxxed (P, $21.00) is cooler (85% similar).
Kevyn Aucoin Titanium The Molten Lip Color ($30.00 for 0.14 fl. oz.) is a medium-dark, taupe-brown with subtle, warm undertones and fine, multi-colored pearl. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that applied evenly across the lips as it spread well and did not feel too tacky. The texture was smooth, almost creamy going on, but it did not slide around too much. The gloss wore well for five hours and was moisturizing.
- MAC Explicit (P, $21.00) is less pigmented (90% similar).
- MAC Steel Kiss (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Rock Starz (LE, $21.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Soft Shell (LE, $21.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Vinyl (P, $15.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Smashbox Petal Metal (P, $24.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Snake Skin (LE, ) is warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Oh Baby (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, less pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
Comments on this post are closed.
I love Rose Gold! I think it’s so pretty!
Wow, all so stunning!! Titanium is tempting me, such a unique color & finish
I really like how the formula isn’t as heavy/tacky as others!
That’s my favorite, too.
Wow! The pigmentation and metallic finish on these babies is fantastic! And yet, because it’s a gloss and not a lipstick, I will likely go for less expensive dupes. Idk, but it seems like gloss always goes bad before I get to use a tube up? Therein lies my rationale.
I get that, Nancy! Lipsticks do have a longer life. I guess with a gloss, if you always used a separate applicator, you could get more life out of it – but hey, it’s better to waste less regardless!
Gorgeous! So much better than Becca’s lipglosses
Even though the second two colors got better grades I still love the tone of the Rose Gold the best, and not drying – that’s the clincher!
I have Rose Gold and it looks pinkier on me – I like it a lot!
I like metallic shades shot with pearl rather than chunky giltter. Rose Gold looks similar to Huda Beauty Angelic, and Copper is similar to Huda Foxy. Titanium reminds me of Pretty Vulgar Artful Deception. They’re all pretty!
They could have done better with one of my favorite colors Rose Gold .But Titanium and Copper look pretty good. These put me in mind of ABH lip gloss containers. Haven’t tried a lip gloss form Kevyn Aucoin yet. A little pricey
I like them all but Titanium is really special.