Kat Von D Gold Skool Metal Crush Extreme Highlighter ($30.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a pale, white gold with a glittering finish. It had less of a base powder/color and more in the way of a moderate to semi-opaque “coverage” level of glitter–the flatter, more fleck-like kind, which I find adheres better to bare skin and is better at looking sparkling without appearing like specks of dirt from afar. I don’t expect this to be everyone’s cup of tea, though, as it is, undoubtedly, over-the-top and glittery. It had a subtle, duochrome shift from pale gold to warmer, yellow gold depending on the angle.
I’d recommend applying this with a denser, circular brush (like a mini buffing brush) to really press and buff the glitter onto the cheeks or use fingertips. The texture in the pan was smooth, almost wet to the touch, and fairly blendable without lifting up my base. I didn’t notice any emphasis of texture on its own. It wore well for eight hours but had some migration over the day.
- Cover FX Mirage (P, $44.00) is more shimmery (100% similar).
- Moira Sweet Champagne (P, $14.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Give Me Glow Halo (P, $17.25) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Winter Bloom (LE, $4.99) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Duo de Camelias (Right) (LE, $80.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Iced Out (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Pale Gold 002 (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Royal Icing (LE, $38.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Strobe Gold (Glitz) (LE, ) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Artist Couture Gold Digger (P, $27.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.