Kat Von D Gold Skool Metal Crush Extreme Highlighter ($30.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a pale, white gold with a glittering finish. It had less of a base powder/color and more in the way of a moderate to semi-opaque “coverage” level of glitter–the flatter, more fleck-like kind, which I find adheres better to bare skin and is better at looking sparkling without appearing like specks of dirt from afar. I don’t expect this to be everyone’s cup of tea, though, as it is, undoubtedly, over-the-top and glittery. It had a subtle, duochrome shift from pale gold to warmer, yellow gold depending on the angle.
I’d recommend applying this with a denser, circular brush (like a mini buffing brush) to really press and buff the glitter onto the cheeks or use fingertips. The texture in the pan was smooth, almost wet to the touch, and fairly blendable without lifting up my base. I didn’t notice any emphasis of texture on its own. It wore well for eight hours but had some migration over the day.
- Cover FX Mirage (P, $44.00) is more shimmery (100% similar).
- MAC Double-Gleam (P, $33.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Winter Bloom (LE, $4.99) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Icy Nude (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Santorini (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Burberry Silver Shimmer (LE, $68.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Morphe Lit (P, $14.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Helia (PiP, ) is more pigmented (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 2 Frozen Gold (P, $21.00) is darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Anastasia Wish (LE, ) (85% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).