Kaja Toy Alien Mochi Glow Bouncy Blendable Highlighter ($19.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a pale gold with strong, warm undertones and a sparkling, metallic sheen. It had buildable pigmentation from semi-sheer to semi-opaque with a smooth, lightly emollient texture. The cream-powder hybrid felt spongy if I pressed firmly enough on the surface but was more powder than cream, especially as it felt quite powder-like on my fingertip or when applied to my face. The product applied well to bare skin as well as over foundation as it did not lift up my base. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Wonder Who (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Double Down (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Sunlight (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Daylight (LE, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Glad You Came (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Sesso (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Anastasia Moonstone (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Affection (LE, $45.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Rêve Salé I (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Bliss (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$19.00/0.15 oz. - $126.67 Per Ounce
The formula is a "cream-to-powder highlighter" that "feels like a cream and finishes like a powder." It has "natural-looking radiance" designed to be applied with "fingertips." The highlighters had a smooth, denser consistency in the pot with a light sponginess if pressed firmly. They had subtle slip but felt more powder-like than cream-like, especially as soon as my finger swirled the product once or twice. The product applied well to bare skin and decently over base products, but I found the thinner, quick-dry texture didn't always play well with base products and could lift them up.
They were blendable and had "natural-looking radiance" as described. The pigmentation was more semi-sheer to medium, slightly buildable, while they were described as buildable, so it was mostly accurate. They lasted between seven and eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Kaja Mochi Glow Bouncy Blendable Highlighter swatches.
Mica (CI 77019), Diisostearyl Malate, Talc, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Dimethicone, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Pentylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tin Oxide (CI 77861).