Kaja Aura Mochi Pop Bouncy Blendable Blush ($19.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light, pink-coral base with warm, peachy gold pearl. It had buildable pigmentation from sheer to semi-opaque (three layers), though this particular shade seemed a little drier compared to the others in the range, which made it harder to build up without moving the product around more than was ideal (particularly over base products). Applied and blended out, it had a natural sheen that was luminous without being overtly shimmery. It stayed on well for seven and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Spellbinder (LE, $24.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Low Key (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Golden Pink (LE, $35.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Healthy Peach (01) (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Score (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Frantic Pink (Discontinued) (DC, $60.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Orgasm (P, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Clinique Melon Pop (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- NYX Intuition (P, $6.50) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- MAC Legendary (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
$19.00/0.15 oz. - $126.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "powder-gel" base that "feels like a cream and finishes like a powder" that provides a buildable "pop of color" and can be worn "on bare skin or over makeup." The pigmentation varied from shade to shade but was typically more medium, buildable in coverage and often depended on just how much product was picked up on fingertips (brand says to use fingertips to apply). The texture felt lightly emollient in the pot but was more powder than gel by touch as well as in practice (on cheeks).
It applied well over bare skin and was fairly forgiving over base products, but I would be careful about applying it over any matte or more powdered bases as I did feel like it created slight patchiness when applied over set foundation. The formula felt more powder-like but on the thinner side (which is why I don't think it played as well with more powdered surfaces). They lasted between seven and eight hours before fading noticeably on my skin.
Browse all of our Kaja Mochi Pop Bouncy Blendable Blush swatches.