Jouer Celestial Powder Highlighter ($24.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a pale pink with subtle, cool undertones and a lu minous sheen. It has a subtle shift from pink to violet. The texture was smooth, soft, and blendable, but it was on the thinner side and wasn’t quite as cream-like as other Jouer highlighters have been for me in the past. Luckily, that didn’t seem to impact the overall ease in application and blending, as the powder applied evenly and diffused well along the edges. It had a much more subtle sheen, though, and would suit someone who wants a glow that doesn’t emphasize skin texture and doesn’t appear metallic or frosted. The duochrome is more apparent when this is layered with a deeper cheek color than when worn alone (on my skin tone). The color stayed on well for eight hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Pardon My Francais (LE, $8.00) (90% similar).
- Sephora Twilight (P, $16.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Pink Mist (P, $9.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Iridescence (P, $10.99) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Pinch Me (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Lavender Dreams (P, $25.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Iridescent Pink 003 (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Milk Makeup Supernova (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Chill Pill (P, $7.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Wild Phox (LE, $29.00) is cooler (90% similar).
$24.00/0.16 oz. - $150.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "long-wearing, highly pigmented" and have a "radiant finish." They are semi-opaque to opaque typically with a denser, creamier consistency that doesn't have any powderiness or dustiness to it. The powders apply well to bare skin, blended out easily, and tend to have a stronger, metallic sheen--definitely a more intense highlighter. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Jouer Powder Highlighter swatches.