Cold Azz Ice
JD Glow Cold Azz Ice Pressed Powder Illuminator ($16.50 for 0.28 oz.) is a very light pink with subtle, warm undertones and cooler, silver shimmer that gave it a more metallic finish with faint sparkle. The texture was smooth, not too dense but also not powdery, so it was easy to control how much product was picked up on a brush.
It had light slip to it, which helped the powder “melt” a bit once applied and blended out on bare skin. It had opaque color coverage in a single layer, which applied evenly and diffused well along the edges. It emphasized my skin’s texture slightly at higher coverage. This shade stayed on well for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Salt New York Pearl (P, $16.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Clionadh Anu (P, $12.50) is lighter, more muted (85% similar).
- Clionadh Faunus (P, $12.50) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Anastasia Crystal (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Dreamscape (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Blossom Glow (P, $4.99) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- OFRA MarchBeautyWord (LE, $29.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Clionadh Eadon (P, $12.50) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Artist Couture Coco Bling (P, $27.00) is warmer (80% similar).
- Catrice Champagne Campaign (P, $5.99) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$16.50/0.28 oz. - $58.93 Per Ounce
The highlighter formula runs nearly opaque to opaque with moderate to intense luminosity. A couple of the more metallic shades can emphasize skin texture when worn at higher coverage levels, but for the most part, the glow was intense, shiny, and reflective without emphasizing my natural texture.
The consistency felt smooth, lightweight, and thin without being powdery or too firmly-pressed into the pan, so it wasn't messy to use while picking up readily with a typical highlighter brush. There was a creaminess and some slip to it that made it feel almost like a cream-powder but was definitely a powder product. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with ease, and lasted between eight and nine hours before fading on me.
Browse all of our JD Glow Pressed Powder Illuminator swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Also Contain: Oxide Pigments, Ultramarines, Chromium Green, Lake Dyes, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Aluminum Powder, Tin Oxide, Borosilicate
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.