Charming Cherry (04)
Huda Beauty Charming Cherry (04) GloWish Cheeky Vegan Blush Powder ($21.00 for 0.08 oz.) is a bright, raspberry pink with strong, cool blue undertones and a satin finish. The finish became more glowing as it was buffed and blended out on my skin, so it had a natural sheen but no overt shimmer particles coming through.
It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which I’m sure some will prefer, but the formula was intended to be very buildable (they use the word “wash” even!). The texture was firmer, slightly thinner, though not stiff (just not powdery), so it was easier to control how much product was picked up, which made it easier to use a lighter hand for sheerer coverage if preferred. This shade stayed on nicely for nine hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Rosy Does It (LE, $30.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Lovestruck (Amber Allure) (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop So-Called (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, glossier (95% similar).
- Dior Confident (783) (LE, $46.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B218 (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Berry Pop (03) (P, $21.00) is lighter, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Too Hot (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Flamenco (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, glossier (90% similar).
- ColourPop Seed U Later (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Glossier Haze (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, darker, less glossy (90% similar).
$21.00/0.08 oz. - $262.50 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "natural, fresh-faced flush of color and a soft-focus glow" that features a "super buildable" formula. The texture was smooth to the touch, dense and a little firm but not stiff to work with; the balance of firmness ensured that it wasn't powdery.
The pigmentation varied from shade to shade, and they were more high-medium to semi-opaque and buildable than a "silky wash." The lack of powderiness did make it easier to use a lighter hand to achieve truer, more buildable coverage if desired.
The blushes had a more satin-like finish, which became more luminous as they were buffed and blended out on my skin, and I didn't have any issues applying them on bare skin or over foundation. They wore between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Huda Beauty GloWish Cheeky Vegan Blush Powder swatches.
mica, silica, zinc stearate, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, dimethicone, dodecane, rosa damascena flower oil, capsicum annuum extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, ethylhexylglycerin, tocopherol, glycerin, squalene, caprylic/capric triglyceride, c30-45 alkyl dimethicone, phenylisopropyl dimethicone, dimethiconol, diethylhexyl syringylidenemalonate, triethylhexanoin, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, sorbitan sesquioleate, beta-sitosterol, xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium benzoate, sodium salicylate, citronellyl methylcrotonate. may contain (+/-) red 6 / ci 15850, red 6 lake / ci 15850, red 7 lake / ci 15850, yellow 5 lake / ci 19140, blue 1 lake / ci 42090, iron oxides/ ci 77491, iron oxides / ci 77492, iron oxides / ci 77499, titanium dioxide / ci 77891.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.