Hourglass Pink Flash Vanish Flash Highlighting StickHourglass Pink Flash Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick ($42.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a light pink with soft, warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had semi-sheer, buildable color coverage (up to semi-opaque), and it was the sheerest shade in the range that I tried. The consistency was incredibly lightweight with some slip–enough to feel like a cream-based product, but it never felt too slippery or greasy on my skin. It dried down somewhat, but it never fully set and yet still managed to wear for a solid eight hours over bare skin. The highlighter blended out easily along the edges and did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Becca Rose Quartz (P, $38.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Going Native (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Lancome Moonlight Rose (LE, $42.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Afterglow (Highlighter) (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Glow Stick (PiP, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Burberry No. 03 Pink Pearl (P, $68.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Chanel Perles et Fantaisies (Right) (LE, $70.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Go Honey (P, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Warm Aura (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Dusk (P, $16.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$42.00/0.21 oz. - $200.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "long-wearing" that feels "weightless" on the skin. It is supposed to have a glow that is "seamless" and creates a "flash of light" and "intense payoff." It's a cream highlighter with a smooth, thin, and very lightweight consistency that has a touch of tackiness and never fully dries down on the skin, but it did not slide around during the day like I worried it might. It could be applied directly from the tube, but I did prefer using my fingertips to pat it onto the areas I wanted, as it made it easier to build up and diffuse along the edges. When applied from the tube onto the skin, it was definitely intense and opaque in a single layer, as described. There was a softly luminous sheen from it being a cream texture, but there was also a lot of shine from the shimmer, too. I found that none of the five emphasized my skin's natural texture, and they were easy to blend on bare skin as well as over foundation (liquid). They lasted around eight to nine hours on me before starting to get a touch patchy.
Browse all of our Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick swatches.
This long-wearing, innovative formula adjusts to your body temperature to blend effortlessly into the skin. Soft-focus technology creates a flash of light on the skin for a virtually perfect highlight every time. It’s also formulated with hollow microspheres for a weightless feel on the skin. The unique, triangular bullet is designed to give you the most precise application. Layer multiple shades to create your own custom shades and looks. Vanish™ Flash Highlighter is designed to work synergistically with the Vanish™ Seamless Finish Foundation Stick.